Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech dramas and then some!

Default Tech dramas and then some!

At lastnight's wedding my main playout decided at around 7.30pm to shut it self down and not want to fire up again. Jumped on the back up with some background stuff as 1st dance wasn't until 8.15pm and tried to reboot the main. No luck though as it just didn't want to know.

It did eventually spring back into life but VDJ8 was knacked to say the least. For whatever reason I could only get the left deck (ch2) to actually playout sound. The right deck (usually on ch3) would only playout via the ch2! So I was unable to cue anything on deck 2 as it played out on top of whatever was playing on deck1!!

I got through the night with a combination of deck1 only and my back up system so unbeknown to the guests etc everything was fine.

So, today I've been here trying to all combinations to rectify it. Uninstall, reinstall VDJ8, check settings, change leads and still it's doing the same. My only option left is to change the controller (MC6000mk1) and see if that is the problem. I had my back up laptop running through the controller today and it has the same issue. So all things crossed the controller is the problem but I think it's a longshot!

Oh, and to cap it all off the main playout laptop has now decided it doesn't like its charger and is refusing to charge!! Have swapped the chargers too so looks like that needs a new part.

Any advice , words of wisdom etc greatly appreciated
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Have you checked the switch on the back of the mc6000 "pc mac"?
    I had bizzare problems after accidently unknowingly flipping this switch similar to yours.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    Have you checked the switch on the back of the mc6000 "pc mac"?
    I had bizarre problems after accidentally unknowingly flipping this switch similar to yours.
    Checked that and no, all is good.

I put the spare mc6000 controller on it and the same problem persisted, atleast I know it's not the controller at fault.

I have managed somehow to get the sounds coming out of the right bits but had to fiddle with the settings so it's now on "external mixer" in the audio settings. I'm going to quit while I'm ahead and revisit it during the week after safely negotiating tomorrow's Wedding.

It does still leave me with a non charging main playout laptop which is more than mildly annoying!
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Does the 6000 have an external power supply? If it's not powered up from this, the VMS lights up, but won't usually function properly. I'd be inclined to look at all power supplies, especially as you say the one for the laptop is suspect.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Does the 6000 have an external power supply? If it's not powered up from this, the VMS lights up, but won't usually function properly. I'd be inclined to look at all power supplies, especially as you say the one for the laptop is suspect.
    Yes it does and that is all good too.

On the main playout laptop it appears to be a faulty charging port/ socket as I've tried many combinations to get it to work but no joy.

I've now had to resurrect the old back up laptop that was retired a while back to come and be back up for the weekend as the usual back up laptop has been promoted to Mr Big! The local Geek shop is open on Sunday so I'll nip the suspect laptop down there for fixing and re test everything later in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    Yes it does and that is all good too.

On the main playout laptop it appears to be a faulty charging port/ socket as I've tried many combinations to get it to work but no joy.
    With connectors with large pins the solder joints can sometimes come apart.
    I have lost count of the TV's I have had to fix with loose SCART connectors.
    Its worth a check and its an easy fix, just re-solder the joints.

I'll nip the suspect laptop down there for fixing and re test everything later in the week.
    And the results are?

And the results are?
    It turns out the charger was faulty! Even though I tried it on other chargers with no joy. Took it to the Geeks and it fired up straight away on theirs (typical). Duly bought one of their super duper chargers and all is good.

With regards to the VDJ8 issue. I ended up redoing the settings and have it running as "external mixer" not "headphone & speakers" and it seems to be all good after last weekends gigs.

Hopefully that's all sorted now.

It turns out the charger was faulty! Even though I tried it on other chargers with no joy. Took it to the Geeks and it fired up straight away on theirs (typical)..
    May I refer my honourable friend to post #4? Check all power supplies.

With regards to the VDJ8 issue. I ended up redoing the settings and have it running as "external mixer" not "headphone & speakers" and it seems to be all good after last weekends gigs.

Hopefully that's all sorted now.
    Mine's on " Advanced " because I've moved channels about, but I'd have expected " external mixer " to be the correct setting anyway.

Could have been worse Paul, you could have been trying to sort problems with Adobe Sign*.

* In joke. Paul has been an enormous help after they altered the format, and I was sending out faulty contracts. Thanks, much appreciated.

May I refer my honourable friend to post #4? Check all power supplies.
    They were new ones straight from Ebay so did expect them to work ok!

Could have been worse Paul, you could have been trying to sort problems with Adobe Sign*.

* In joke. Paul has been an enormous help after they altered the format, and I was sending out faulty contracts. Thanks, much appreciated.
    No problem at all