Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JBL EON ONE can you add another?

Default JBL EON ONE can you add another?

Hi some help required please. I recently purchased a JBL eon one for small gigs and my entertainer work, it is so good I want to add another for my main disco set up as they sound great. There is no xlr out only rca monitor out, I tried to use xlr out of my main mixer into channel one of the eon (thinking I could add another and go into channel 2) and the sound came through ok but it rendered my main mixer useless and you have to then use the mixer built into the eon one. Hope that makes sense, basically I am looking for the easiest way to add two JBL EON ONES for a full disco set up.
    Thanks
    Den

I've got to be missing something here. Take the left XLR from the mixer into the left hand eon one channel 1, and the right hand mixer XLR into the right hand Eon channel 1 , just like any other PA.

Alternatively, mixer into channels 1 and 2 on the first Eon one, and connect from the RCA monitor out on this into channels 1 and 2 on the second one, with an RCA-XLR cable.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Hi Excaliber, sorry but I am not that experienced in dj equipment. I did go from my main mixer into the speaker I have and the sound came through ok but for some reason my main mixer could not be used ie: nothing works on it which is not ideal, I would have to use the mixer on the JBL.
    I was not sure if I could get an rca to xlr and connect that way.
    Den

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I've got to be missing something here. Take the left XLR from the mixer into the left hand eon one channel 1, and the right hand mixer XLR into the right hand Eon channel 1 , just like any other PA.

Alternatively, mixer into channels 1 and 2 on the first Eon one, and connect from the RCA monitor out on this into channels 1 and 2 on the second one, with an RCA-XLR cable.

Quote Originally Posted by discoden View Post
    Hi Excaliber, sorry but I am not that experienced in dj equipment. I did go from my main mixer into the speaker I have and the sound came through ok but for some reason my main mixer could not be used ie: nothing works on it which is not ideal, I would have to use the mixer on the JBL.
    Now I'm really baffled. I'll wait for the cavalry to arrive on this one, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Now I'm really baffled. I'll wait for the cavalry to arrive on this one, sorry.
    ^^^^Easily done Peter

OK - what type of mixer are you using?

It is a profx 12 mixer.
    Den

From mixer left output to line 1 input first jbl unit
    From mixer right output to line 1 input second jbl unit

If only using 1 jbl unit then mixer left to line input 1 and mixer right to line input 2

Apologies for the brief reply but it's late and I'm tired
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Thanks for your help, I probably have not described what is happening very well, but when I do what you describe the profx 12 functions do not work, only the mixer buttons on the JBL work if that makes sense.
    Den

Quote Originally Posted by deltic View Post
    From mixer left output to line 1 input first jbl unit
    From mixer right output to line 1 input second jbl unit

If only using 1 jbl unit then mixer left to line input 1 and mixer right to line input 2

Apologies for the brief reply but it's late and I'm tired
    Pretty much what I said in post #2. That's why I'm confused. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by discoden View Post
    Thanks for your help, I probably have not described what is happening very well, but when I do what you describe the profx 12 functions do not work, only the mixer buttons on the JBL work if that makes sense.
    Den
    It doesn't. That's the problem. Before you got the JBL, what was your PA, and what happened when you plugged your mixer into that? Did the mixer function correctly?

Let's see if I can find a manual for your mixer.

Edit: Eureka? Don't use channels 5/6 and 7/8 to plug your CD players or other sources. Use 9/10, and 11/12 instead. Those channels ( 5/6, 7/8 ) are " hybrid", and the gain control only affects the mic input, from what I read.
    Section 10, page 11 of the manual. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 20-08-2016 at 06:52 AM.

Hi I use my mixer with 2 x 15" Altos and it all works perfectly, I did connect my ipod to channel 9/10 to JBL but functions would not work, what I will do later when I get the chance is try the usb connection to my laptop and one of the other channels and see if that works and will post back.
    Thanks so much for taking the time to help.
    DEn