Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: e bay issues

Default e bay issues

Tried our first sale on ebay--nightmare.

Selling a van towbar got 99p for it.

The who bought it instead of cash on collection indicated in sale decided to pay to my Pay Pal Account--idiot.

Instead of 99p I got about 66p--not an issue but a worrying reminder of the percentage costs involved.

We told him to pick it up in 7days--he hasnt.

Hes a currier driver ( his spelling) so it seems he is waiting until its convenient to him--maybe next Xmas.

Do we report this to e bay and then give him a deadline to pick it up --charging 99p storage if he doesnt?

Then resell on ebay?

What do you suggest--I have never sold on ebay--only bought.

Or dealt with cretins like this

thanks in advance

Not thought about contacting the seller or ebay themselves? (Mad idea I know just throwing it out there)
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Not thought about contacting the seller or ebay themselves? (Mad idea I know just throwing it out there)
    I thought that. Just contact him and say i need the extra money, you also need to collect it by the end of the week, or however long you are willing to wait. if not this will be relisted - that should make him come a bit sooner. Be polite and give him a few days to respond. Its a super cheap item!! At the end of this time, refund them and I suggest you post it on Facebay/gumtree as its not a great item to post for local collection on Ebay. list it at £20 or what ever its worth.

The main thing it so put in terms on the list of your payments and collection requirements in future. You can then resist regardless.

You are lucky that its only 99p. I got scammed this year for an SSD and paid by bank transfer (stupid I know) £75. I use Ebay on a daily basis and have sold/bought thousands of items so not bad considering.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K View Post

Hes a currier driver...
    He might korma round some time this week to pick it up. If he doesn't, you shouldn't get too madras about it. At those silly prices, he was always bound to phal.

At least it's cheap so I doubt he'll dupiaza.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    He might korma round some time this week to pick it up. If he doesn't, you shouldn't get too madras about it. At those silly prices, he was always bound to phal.

At least it's cheap so I doubt he'll dupiaza.
    You can always tikka chance and cancel the transaction, but I would not get Curried away as he will be Nann too pleased and may Korma round your house and dhansak it.
    Last edited by yourdj; 24-08-2016 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    When dealing with morons Neil this doesn't appear to work--we have tried.

So I think an alternative approach might be required.

Does charging for storage seem ok?

Just want to make sure we don't owe him money before re listing--so he doesn't want any money back or claim he owns the item. Legal angle ?

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    You can always tikka chance and cancel the transaction, but I would not get Curried away as he will be Nann too pleased and may Korma round your house and dhansak it.
    Can we cancel the transaction--I don't know e bay rules.

Also do we have to return his payment--trying to lose that by charging for storage.

All this for 99p--can you actually TALK to e bay for advice?
    Last edited by Excalibur; 25-08-2016 at 07:31 AM. Reason: merged posts

Can we cancel the transaction--I don't know e bay rules.

Also do we have to return his payment--trying to lose that by charging for storage.

All this for 99p--can you actually TALK to e bay for advice?
    No you can't really. Send him a message and give him a week. You live and learn.
    I have rarely made a loss on Ebay, but you win some and loose some. thats the whole point of it.

You will only be charged a small percentage, probably nothing as it was probably also a free listing also. )

Don't cancel just like that as he could leave bad feedback. give him and ultimatum, then eBay can look through your correspondence if there is a problem and see you have been fair. Someone short changed me on £29 for £1 the other day, It was also someone I knew, so was not best pleased as she did it on purpose. She lost my trust and respect for the sake of the cost of a chocolate bar. Cheap people have no idea of negative equity do they, but like people that want a good DJ for next to nothing.

I thought that. Just contact him and say i need the extra money, you also need to collect it by the end of the week, or however long you are willing to wait. if not this will be relisted - that should make him come a bit sooner. Be polite and give him a few days to respond. Its a super cheap item!! At the end of this time, refund them and I suggest you post it on Facebay/gumtree as its not a great item to post for local collection on Ebay. list it at £20 or what ever its worth.

The main thing it so put in terms on the list of your payments and collection requirements in future. You can then resist regardless.

You are lucky that its only 99p. I got scammed this year for an SSD and paid by bank transfer (stupid I know) £75. I use Ebay on a daily basis and have sold/bought thousands of items so not bad considering.
    It's VERY difficult to get to a page on e bays site that shows e bay charges--is it generally 10 per cent of
    Sale price?

In addition to listing costs.

- - - Updated - - -

It's VERY difficult to get to a page on e bays site that shows e bay charges--is it generally 10 per cent of
    Sale price?

Sale price?

Thats 10p. are you sure you can afford that LOL.
    Listing was probably free. Give the guy a week to collect, cancel after that period and then list on Facebay.

If your terms were collection within 7 days and he doesn't stick to it then cancel it and refund him his money.

Don't list an item starting at 99p if you aren't prepared to see it sold for 99p. Put it on gumtree or other local selling sites with the actual amount you want for it instead.