Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: e bay issues

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    If your terms were collection within 7 days and he doesn't stick to it then cancel it and refund him his money.

Don't list an item starting at 99p if you aren't prepared to see it sold for 99p. Put it on gumtree or other local selling sites with the actual amount you want for it instead.
    We just wanted someone to take the very heavy item away---hence 99p not an issue.

So we need to physically refund him you think?

This moron has cost us money ( peanuts I know) by not paying on collection as stated in the ad then not replying to a request to ring me and
    sort out collection.

Im not sure how we would refund him through paypal--can you get his bank details from them?

What do you think about warning him about a charge of 99p storage for another week then writing the whole thing off without refund?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K View Post
    We just wanted someone to take the very heavy item away---hence 99p not an issue.

So we need to physically refund him you think?

This moron has cost us money ( peanuts I know) by not paying on collection as stated in the ad then not replying to a request to ring me and
    sort out collection.

Im not sure how we would refund him through paypal--can you get his bank details from them?

What do you think about warning him about a charge of 99p storage for another week then writing the whole thing off without refund?

thanks
    You can’t start adding extra charges, you have no way of collecting them for a start, and I doubt another 99p on isn’t going to make a difference to him one way or the other.

Just give it a few more days and then go in and cancel the sale due to non-collection, I’m not sure if that automatically refunds him, if it doesn’t he can always raise a case against and he’ll get his refund then.

You can’t start adding extra charges, you have no way of collecting them for a start, and I doubt another 99p on isn’t going to make a difference to him one way or the other.

Just give it a few more days and then go in and cancel the sale due to non-collection, I’m not sure if that automatically refunds him, if it doesn’t he can always raise a case against and he’ll get his refund then.
    I actually meant deduct 99p storage charge from his 99p so magic--we dont owe him anything.

Your suggestion sounds the easiest option I agree--that way pay pal and e bay dont get paid --sounds good to me

I actually meant deduct 99p storage charge from his 99p so magic--we dont owe him anything.

Your suggestion sounds the easiest option I agree--that way pay pal and e bay dont get paid --sounds good to me
    Storage charge??? Your not going to pull that one off, your not a business, just a private seller selling some crap.

Send him a message, just wait a week and then press "cancel order" on the my eBay page under selling, it will refund him. Job done.
    I suggest you don't sell on Ebay anymore if you don't know how it works as its probably the easiest user friendly system i have ever seen.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Selling on preloved & gumtree is much easier if you're going to have people collect goods. They don't show when they say they will, they lose out. Simples. And it's cash in hand. No ebay or paypal taking their cut.

I sold my decks within 6 hours for the full asking price, no qualms. Gave a quick demo to show them working & then they were gone. Same story for over 2000 12" vinyls too.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Gave a quick demo to show them working & then they were gone. Same story for over 2000 12" vinyls too.
    They must have been there for ages....

They must have been there for ages....
    Ha. They didn't listen to them. It did take them a while to haul them all out to their car though. Pity most of them were record shop cast offs.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Storage charge??? Your not going to pull that one off, your not a business, just a private seller selling some crap.

Send him a message, just wait a week and then press "cancel order" on the my eBay page under selling, it will refund him. Job done.
    I suggest you don't sell on Ebay anymore if you don't know how it works as its probably the easiest user friendly system i have ever seen.
    Well Toby, if it didn't attract time wasting morons I might have a bit more enthusiasm.

How it works ? A five year old can understand how it works--as usual it's the users who are the problem.

I shall continue despite the potential for having hassle.

Thank you for informing me there is a cancel order button--can I use that? isnt that used by the buyer?

Well Toby, if it didn't attract time wasting morons I might have a bit more enthusiasm.

How it works ? A five year old can understand how it works--as usual it's the users who are the problem.

I shall continue despite the potential for having hassle.

Thank you for informing me there is a cancel order button--can I use that? isnt that used by the buyer?
    Hence my preference for gumtree etc. You get to suss the buyer out a bit.

OK, I'm going to chip in here briefly with a little bit of finger wagging at you.

You say 5 year olds can use ebay and it's the users who are the problem, yet you're creating some of the hassle yourself.

The buyer is perfectly within their rights to pay by Paypal and it's you who's wrong by asking for cash on collection. Yes it's really annoying sometimes, but that's the way it is. Ebay have loads of rules and yes it takes some time to read through them, but most of them are sensibly there to protect ebay and both their buyers and sellers. If you can't be bothered to play by the rules then you're a time waster too.

We don't know the details of your listing. Was it stated in the listing you needed it collected within 7 days or did you tell him that afterwards? If you did, then contact your buyer (people have lives and don't always live on the internet) even if you've decided they're a muppet. If you didn't, then why get yourself wound up, just wait for them to arrange collection.

If you can even contact ebay, they're likely to say contact your buyer as a first stage. So why not do that? Or open a dispute, where they give the buyer a chance to resolve it or you can then cancel and get your fees refunded.
    Last edited by stormproductions; 26-08-2016 at 11:09 AM.