Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Mazda Bongo?

Default Mazda Bongo?

I have been toying with the idea of buying a camper van and like the look of these:

Name:  mazda-bongo-petrol.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  87.1 KB

I thought it would make a nice car for cheap holidays, for the dogs and a potential DJ wagon? I know we have discussed this at great length, but I think one like the above actually looks quite smart and dare I say it professional. Obviously a converted van would be the best bet, but I like the idea of a proper camper with a kitchen, 2 berth (bed in the roof) and Japanese reliability. If i get one of these then I might consider getting a VW Eos or saloon etc. but the Bongo can be used day too day with no problems I guess?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mazda-Bong...EAAOSwfZhXMkt7
    Last edited by yourdj; 26-08-2016 at 04:21 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Toby, shouldn't questions about Bongos be in the Music section?

OK, for what it's worth Toby, Google Stealth Camper. Interesting articles come up. Also, Day Vans.
    It strikes me that first you have to decide the vehicle's purpose in life, before you can find the vehicle. Personally, I don't think a dedicated camper will prove successful as a disco wagon.

I don't see how rocking up with a camper van fits with your image of a smart, stylish black estate car, either. Compromises rarely work as well as dedicated solutions. I'd either suggest have a purpose built camper and a separate disco wagon, or if you don't want to have a vehicle standing idle too much, hire a camper.

If I wanted to do what you do, I wouldn't start with a vehicle like that. I'd get a crew van ( seats and windows behind the driver ), put a bulkhead behind that, and perhaps fold down beds on the sides. A van when you need a van, taxi when you need a taxi, and for camping throw a fridge, gas stove and porta potti in the back.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk