Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Unusual Gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Well, today was the day.

The council guy asked for a song to be played as loud as possible, during which, he was on the phone to his colleague who was nearby at the complainants house. My job was to turn down the volume gradually till it couldn't be heard by the complainant outside her house. The volume was akin to background music levels.

The venue has it's hands tied, they either comply or lose their licence.
    Now you see, I'd say that's wrong. I'd have expected reasonable levels ( ie audible ) inside the house. There's no way on God's earth you'll be able to achieve sensible levels inside and silence outside without some very heavy duty insulation. Crackers.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Have the venue considered turning off the music at 11pm?

Also, noise levels MUST be tested from WITHIN the dwelling that the dwelling that the person has complained from.

I recommend the venue pursue this properly to avoid being restricted to a point that significantly affects their earning potential.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/noise-nu...ith-complaints

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I tend to agree this is most likely. A venue I've been to a few times has a limiter, the room is under ground level with doors going out to steps to ground level... Nowhere for the sound to easily escape except those doors aren't thick sound resistant doors they're thin wooden ones with windows. Oh and they're building more new houses around the venue as well. Nutcases!
    Would that happen to be fairly close to the posh part of the borough with beautiful gardens?

Quote Originally Posted by mark@pegasus View Post
    Would that happen to be fairly close to the posh part of the borough with beautiful gardens?
    Yep that's the one! To be honest though whoever thought it was a good idea to mix a wedding venue with residential property with only around maybe 6-7m to separate them (the road coming in) was asking for trouble. No idea which came first but they're building even more flats I believe around the back

I guess that's what happens when you have a lovely location in an expensive area, it gets squeezed for every penny they can make.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Well, today was the day.

The council guy asked for a song to be played as loud as possible, during which, he was on the phone to his colleague who was nearby at the complainants house. My job was to turn down the volume gradually till it couldn't be heard by the complainant outside her house. Bass bins completely off - still too loud. Bass completely down on my mixer EQ's - still too loud. Volume lowered even more. The volume was akin to background music levels.

What the actual ?

I wonder if that venue will eventually end up closing down as a result? I've seen that happen more times than I'd like.

The council guy asked for a song to be played as loud as possible, during which, he was on the phone to his colleague who was nearby at the complainants house. My job was to turn down the volume gradually till it couldn't be heard by the complainant outside her house. Bass bins completely off - still too loud. Bass completely down on my mixer EQ's - still too loud. Volume lowered even more. The volume was akin to background music levels.

The complainant isn't selling their house, are they? I've seen this before *cough*, where the only way for the venue to operate is to buy the property from the complainant and rent it to someone who won't complain...but the complainant will put a premium on the price

Might be something in that Marc.