Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Name and SHAME!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    They're not helping them are they!
    Quite a few guys I held in high regard disappointed me when I found out they'd done it.

Not only was it denying other guys lower down the rung who always do a great job the chat was - top bloke, was on time, dressed smart and had people dancing.

The cheers to dj dickhead for achieving the absolute bare minimum standard you should expect from a dj!!!

This guy needs to be brought to justice. It was Gary Evans who got ripped off, he is not only one of the most respected DJ/hosts in the UK but also one of the nicest people I know. I have spent a lot of time with Gary and never seen him in a bad mood, or say anything remotely negative!!

If you want to name and shame, gather all the people you know he has ripped off (perhaps advertise it on Facebook) and then contact a TV program and get them to visit him or even do a fake gig (one he would not turn down) where he has to turn up for the payment, Wait until he has set up (as he wont leave in a hurry then) and invite all the people he has conned and get him to answer to his crimes. bring the local newspaper etc. They will love a story like that!!

I think ripping people off on their wedding day is disgusting. Kama will catch up with him sooner or later. He has young kids and presumably he is married so he should know better. The problem you then have is these people can just change their business name or move to a different area and do it all over again, but at least that would teach him a lesson. You know where he lives so he can get prosecuted btw.
    Last edited by yourdj; 08-09-2016 at 11:21 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Might be an idea to get these peoples together in a group and present evidence to the required authorities as a collective.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    This guy needs to be brought to justice. It was Gary Evans who got ripped off, he is not only one of the most respected DJ/hosts in the UK but also one of the nicest people I know. I have spent a lot of time with Gary and never seen him in a bad mood, or say anything remotely negative!!

If you want to name and shame, gather all the people you know he has ripped off (perhaps advertise it on Facebook) and then contact a TV program and get them to visit him or even do a fake gig (one he would not turn down) where he has to turn up for the payment, Wait until he has set up (as he wont leave in a hurry then) and invite all the people he has conned and get him to answer to his crimes. bring the local newspaper etc. They will love a story like that!!

I think ripping people off on their wedding day is disgusting. Kama will catch up with him sooner or later. He has young kids and presumably he is married so he should know better. The problem you then have is these people can just change their business name or move to a different area and do it all over again, but at least that would teach him a lesson. You know where he lives so he can get prosecuted btw.
    I don't think another story about a dodgy Dj in the media will do any of us any good.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Whilst this seems a sensible idea, the impact of such action for all DJs would be far stretching. As an industry, we already have a pretty bad image, and significant publicity such as the above only further reinforces it.

It will make people wary of paying deposits and balances up front, and wary of paying premium prices, for fear of being ripped off.

If people are owed money, it would be far more effective for everyone to follow a proper process of chasing up the money via letter, with a final "letter before action" and then all going through the court at the same time (Money Claim Online is very cheap).

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    I don't think another story about a dodgy Dj in the media will do any of us any good.
    Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Whilst this seems a sensible idea, the impact of such action for all DJs would be far stretching. As an industry, we already have a pretty bad image, and significant publicity such as the above only further reinforces it.

It will make people wary of paying deposits and balances up front, and wary of paying premium prices, for fear of being ripped off.

If people are owed money, it would be far more effective for everyone to follow a proper process of chasing up the money via letter, with a final "letter before action" and then all going through the court at the same time (Money Claim Online is very cheap).
    I agree that there is bad press for DJ's and totally get that it is not great for the public to be shown that there are rip off people, but most normal sane people know that DJ's can be good also and will want to book a good supplier. The more stories of rip off DJ's there are the more careful people will be when booking one. They wont just go for the cheapest option and will do their research properly and book a better supplier.

For example finding the DJ on Facebook and Googling his name, which may show up any misdoings he may have done. as a much more mature industry (by say 2000 years), we all know there are crooked builders out there as its very well documented, but we also know there are outstanding ones, which will do an excellent job, and will perhaps cost a bit more for that privilege. Most people booking a builder will make damn sure that when we do book a builder that we do the homework, meet them and ask the right questions. Well i certainly do anyway. It amazes me what my clients have looked at and know what i do, they must spend hours looking though my site and social media.

If this numpty (lets call him Baten Bumcombe) is an actual DJ and reading this, you can't be an ass for a certain time and Kama will catch up with you, especially when its connected to purposefully ruining what should be the most important day of any two families lives!! Its also a very small industry!
    Last edited by yourdj; 09-09-2016 at 02:14 PM.

From what I have heard Toby, he has done a runner somewhere after splitting up with his missus because of all of this.
    Nobody in this area has a half a decent word to say about him.
    Incidentally I went back to Twitter after writing my post to see if he was on there and guess what........nope! He's disappeared from there and also Facebook too.

It really is quite sad at the end of the day that there are people around like this. He had the charm and could talk the talk etc and he was very complimentary about myself so rightly so I had no reason to think of the worst....however, it soon became clear that all was not what it seemed.
    The whole "let down by a DJ" thing was one of the biggest indicators for me. Just how many times can you be let down by a DJ? That's not normal at all.

On the subject of not needing another bad DJ in the press...... I think the total opposite!
    He should be all over the papers and news. Most people will realise that it's not all DJ's.
    Do you think people who watch those rogue trader type programmes steer clear of all builders (for example). No, they don't.
    Do you think that any of us who have regular gigs / residencies and busy diaries throughout the year are suddenly going to be thought of as con merchants because 1 dodgier than dodgy DJ has been highlighted.....no, I don't think so. If anything it will have the opposite effect because those that use us decent human beings will want to keep hold of us and the recommendations will rise too I should imagine?

Toby - Baten Bumcombe - Ha! Ha! I like that...... You forgot to mention he was from Mouldy Productions!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    From what I have heard Toby, he has done a runner somewhere after splitting up with his missus because of all of this.
    That is such a shame as he had children too, but bad things tend to happen to bad people as their wrong doings catch up with them sooner or later. Whats laughable is I probably earn miles more than him and have a decent legitimate business, so it clearly does not pay in the long term.