Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Chesterfield

Default Hi from Chesterfield

Hi everyone,

I'm just starting out as a Mobile DJ, I've done some DJing in the past. I was taught when i worked in Malia in 2010 and i spent three years running my own pubs, and doing my own DJing there. Now it turns out that money does not in fact grow on trees, at least none of the ones in my garden, so back to DJing it is! I have a pretty basic set-up at the minute but will be looking to chop and change and upgrade it as i go along.

Thanks

Gav

Welcome along. You'll find lots of friendly well intentioned advise here.

Hello Gavin, good to have you here.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Good to have you along Gavin

Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Cheers everyone, nice to be here! Some amazing looking rigs around, you're all making me feel a bit inadequate! I'll get there one day

Subs next on the shopping list, not expensive ones as yet, just looking to round my bass off a touch. Then a deck stand with a double lighting bar to tidy things up a touch, and then we shall see! In the meantime, i need some gigs!

Welcome to the forums.

If it's gigs you want you're welcome to all the christmas parties I've got coming in December. I blinking hate Christmas parties. Love the idea but in practise it tends to be either early leavers or the kind of punters no dj ever wants to meet.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

From Malia to Chesterfield. That's living as few men dare to dream, that is!

Welcome to the forum. It's traditional for the newbie to get a round in.

... and don't feel inadequate. Everyone starts at the bottom and continually works their way up / always looking to improve, etc - whether that's with kit, ways of working, business practices or whatever. So long as you're on the ladder, it really doesn't matter where.

Thanks for the Christmas parties offer, Durham might be a bit of a stretch though! I've come to the right place for advice if you guys are wishing gigs away!

Sure, i'll get a round in? If everyone just leaves a list of what they want, i'll get 'a round' to it (Sorry. I'll get my coat.)

Yeah, it's the stuff dreams are made of! Fairly sure even Carl Cox has never gigged in Chesterfield!

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post

... and don't feel inadequate. Everyone starts at the bottom and continually works their way up / always looking to improve, etc - whether that's with kit, ways of working, business practices or whatever. So long as you're on the ladder, it really doesn't matter where.
    Thank you, that actually means a lot. I've joined a few groups on Facebook, and while i haven't posted on them I've been looking around and that doesn't seem to be the consensus. There's a lot of 'one-up'manship going on, which is sad to see really. A lot of people who have obviously poured thousands into their rigs criticising the rigs that are maybe 'only' worth 2k or so... people obviously forget where they came from very quickly. Well, there's probably about 700 in mine all told at the minute, so if i comment on there i'm well and truly in the firing line!
    Last edited by Excalibur; 26-09-2016 at 03:41 PM. Reason: merged posts