Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Chesterfield

A lot of people would have you believe you need ten grands worth of kit to a) look nice & b) attract good customers. Neither is actually the case. Sure if you get a grand a gig you can afford to splash on fancy kit but you don't necessarily have to. There's at least one DJ on this forum using little more fancy than an Equinox screen frontage.

Sadly on fb there's a lot of waving of manhoods. Whatever level you're at take pride in your show. Set it up safely & tidily.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    A lot of people would have you believe you need ten grands worth of kit to a) look nice & b) attract good customers. Neither is actually the case.

Welcome. Nice to have you here.

Welcome aboard from just down the road from you!

As previously mentioned don't fall into the Dj trap of "must have this , must have that, oooo Shiny!" Think about it from a clients side and you'll be just fine.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    Welcome aboard from just down the road from you!

As previously mentioned don't fall into the Dj trap of "must have this , must have that, oooo Shiny!" Think about it from a clients side and you'll be just fine.
    Im actually based in Bolsover, where are you? Im trying not to but there are areas of my setup i need to improve! Fast haha!

Welcome.
    I worked in Chesterfield for about 6 months so know it quite well.
    Sheffield is handy for gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercat View Post
    Im actually based in Bolsover, where are you? Im trying not to but there are areas of my setup i need to improve! Fast haha!
    Moved up here about 10 years ago and living in downtown Clay Cross. I still even after 10years get the "You're not from round here are you?" off the locals!!
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercat View Post
    Im trying not to but there are areas of my setup i need to improve! Fast haha!
    A word of advice, don't rush into buying cheap inferior kit, you'll regret it, only buy genuinely professional kit, it's worth it in the long run. If shortage of cash is a problem you'll be far better off buying well looked after pro kit second hand, than buying cheap new rubbish. You will find loads of advice on here regarding quality equipment if you ask the right questions.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Moved up here about 10 years ago and living in downtown Clay Cross. I still even after 10years get the "You're not from round here are you?" off the locals!!
    I can completely understand that in Clay Cross, i grew up in North Wingfield and went to school at Tupton Hall, and if i was to go up 'Cross, i'd get that as well! To make that clear to other users who may not be familiar with the area; Clay Cross is sandwiched in between North Wingfield and Tupton!

I had digs in Clay Cross when I worked in Chesterfield for 6 months.