Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ceremony Set ups

Default Ceremony Set ups

OK, so we get lots of pictures here and on Facebook of people's rigs for the evenings...

But what about wedding ceremonies.

I'd love to understand more about how others have their ceremony set ups and see what yours looks like.

• Do you put your speakers in front of the guests, with your kit at the back of the room (long cables?)?
    • Or speakers at the back close to the kit?
    • What kit do you use for the ceremony? Booth, or just very compact rack?

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    OK, so we get lots of pictures here and on Facebook of people's rigs for the evenings...

I'd love to understand more about how others have their ceremony set ups and see what yours looks like.

• Do you put your speakers in front of the guests, with your kit at the back of the room (long cables?)?
    My main objective with ceremony setup is to be heard but not seen - I class as a success when a bride, after the ceremony, says "eee I never saw you"

I keep all my equipment and speakers at the back of the room, out of sight from any photographs.

Lately I have been setting my booth up with white cloth, but if space is limited use a single evox (or another speaker on tripod) and have an iPad attached to the speaker pole. Much prefer the booth though, then I can use my DJ mixer, playout and have the laptop as backup.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

I don’t mic up the ceremony itself so I can keep it all very simple. I use an LD Systems RoadJack 8 (usually tucked under my seat or discreetly placed at the back somewhere, it can go on a stand as well if required) and either my MBP with a Numark DJ2GO controller or an iPad, either from the headphone jack or bluetooth).

It’s quick, simple and invisible, I can be set-up and ready to play in seconds, it can run on batteries if there’s no power (so ideal for outdoors as well) and then after the ceremony I can use it for background duties (again in or outdoors) with it’s inbuilt SD card player or with an iPod.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    My main objective with ceremony setup is to be heard but not seen
    Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    It’s quick, simple and invisible
    Being invisible is also my main goal. I tend to use a screen and a table, but also try and use the venue if poss.
    This is one of the motivations for the 8inch speaker post as I like being inconspicuous.

I more often than now go right at the back and out of sight. Full decks (VCI 300), laptop, speaker and a box of tricks that includes a 5 channel mixer, 2 sets of UHF mics, 2 hand held and 2 lapels. I usually plug one lapel in a condenser mic and that captures everything, and have one on the registra, usually as fill in and back up. Sometimes I a second condenser and a handheld on a stand for readings, depends on the applications. The mics usually only get used outside.

I know a lot of people use iPads, but I just don't personally feel comfortable using just that (although i also have that for backup).

Name:  CEREMONY - RHINEFIELD.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  58.6 KB

Name:  Ceremony careys.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  64.5 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  96.3 KB

Name:  ceremony music. .jpg
Views: 398
Size:  73.4 KB

Name:  COMPACT SET UP.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  38.2 KB

Hedge booth - You can see the mic taped to the pillar.

Name:  11870812_1003448949700397_476434083190412589_n.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  52.9 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 20-09-2016 at 08:21 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Thank you Toby, you're a star, I couldn't have asked for any more to get an understanding of your set up.

Thank you

Thank you Toby, you're a star, I couldn't have asked for any more to get an understanding of your set up.

Thank you
    I could post another 100 photos and 10 videos if you like
    The Hedge-booth is my preferred ceremony set up.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Probably of all my Wedding bookings I'd say 30% are what I call the "Deluxe All Day Package" that includes ceremony music.

As you should do in these situations you need to be heard and not seen. Ok, you're never going to be covered by the cloak of invisibility but I'll always aim to be as discreet as possible so always go at the back out of the way.

I use a Lucas Nano 300 that was bought specifically for ceremony music and lone pa use. This is a great little system that you can literally connect anything you need to to it ie mini jack, xlr etc. There's plenty of stuff on here about it just use the "search " facility I run the music via Djay2 app on the ipad and has always been solid.

Some pics for you. First one is with the satellite speakers pole mounted and the second is with them mounted directly on the sub which is great if as in this situation I was in a corner on a round table. Third pic is when it was used as additional pa. At this wedding it was Anglo German so a second set up was required for the speeches to be translated.

Name:  Nano ceremony shottle orangery (800x450).jpg
Views: 381
Size:  269.8 KB

Name:  nano ceremony swancar (800x600).jpg
Views: 384
Size:  308.4 KB

Name:  Nano pa (800x800).jpg
Views: 371
Size:  32.3 KB
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

As everyone else has said it is all about being invisible so for me it's a Bose L1 compact and laptopName:  civil ceremony (3).jpg
Views: 361
Size:  51.6 KB

I've now got visions of Toby wearing full Dad's Army style camouflage gear for use with the hedge booth...

Quote Originally Posted by mark@pegasus View Post
    Name:  civil ceremony (3).jpg
Views: 361
Size:  51.6 KB
    Oooh which lectern is that? Looks nice