Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: IMG Stageline PAK-412 opinions/reviews wanted.

Default IMG Stageline PAK-412 opinions/reviews wanted.

After reading various posts (BPM thread) talking about these speakers, I'm interested if anyone has any opinions/reviews for these in the real world.

I'm still considering a pair of 12's (for the smaller crowds, where the DXR15's are too much), and with these being around £150 cheaper than the likes of the DBR12, they begin to look like a good option.

Really interested in knowing what people think about these speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by fullcontact68 View Post
    After reading various posts (BPM thread) talking about these speakers, I'm interested if anyone has any opinions/reviews for these in the real world.

I'm still considering a pair of 12's (for the smaller crowds, where the DXR15's are too much), and with these being around £150 cheaper than the likes of the DBR12, they begin to look like a good option.

Really interested in knowing what people think about these speakers?
    I have used the 12's a couple of times,and they didn't disappoint.

I've got 10's 12's and 15's in stock at the shop if you fancy a road trip for a listen.

And a 3 year warranty is a bonus.
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Cheers Andy,

Quite a trip to listen to some speakers.

For the price, and what I've heard people saying, I think a pair are worth a gamble.

Cheers Andy,

Quite a trip to listen to some speakers.

For the price, and what I've heard people saying, I think a pair are worth a gamble.
    Having heard and fondled them, I don't think it's much of a gamble, especially with a 3 year warranty. There are more controls on the back than I expected too.

Re the travelling, Penrith is a lovely place, and you could do worse than take the family up for a weekend, and stay here, directly opposite Andy's shop

We've stayed there many times, and if you want five star luxury, it's not for you. If you want a comfy bed, and a breakfast that will set you up for the day, that's the place to be. Also check out Cranstons. It's amazing, I've never seen anything like it.

Andf no, I'm not on commission from the Cumbria tourist board.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Received a pair of PAK 412's today.

Thanks to a great service from our friendly Cumbrian DJ store.

Suitable impressed with them when tested in my kitchen. Was not expecting such good results for the price.

I'll be using them for a gig in a couple of weeks, I'll see how they go then.

Cheers Andy.

Was not expecting such good results for the price.
    So you didn't believe what we told you then?

I'll be using them for a gig in a couple of weeks, I'll see how they go then.
    Many of us will be eager to read what you think of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    So you didn't believe what we told you then?
    Always knew you were a wise old man

Tonight, I've a joint birthday (21st & 65th) with 100ish guests. In a largish room where I've worked before.

Normally, I use the DXR15's, but.............

Today, (since I live locally), I decided to take the new PAK 412's, and see how they sound in a large room, with the intention of taking then down, and using the DXR's instead.

So, set them up,powered up, running everything flat. I was surprised with how much bottom end these have. I have had to reduce the bass a tad.
    Initially, I'm blown away with the quality of the sound that these produce. I let them settle in a little, then decided to push them and see how hard I can drive them before the red light shouts "please turn me down a bit". Suffice to say I've decided to keep with these tonight, leaving my trusty DXR's at home. It's looking like in this room they will do nicely.

It will be interesting to see how they are when the room is full of people.

I'll report back after my first gig using them. I have high hopes for these tonight.

These are looking like a good investment

Forget to mention,this room is upstairs (2 flights), so being able to carry both of these in one trip is an added bonus.

Right, gig done. Room was full with approx 100+ guests. Ended up running them flat on the EQ.

I'm not a great writer of reviews, but these beauties performed well beyond my expectations. I never needed to take them past 75% on my slider, so still had room to give more.

No, they don't product as much bottom end as the DXR15's, but they produce enough, and for the volume, not issues there either. A sub was not required along side these for this room/crowd. (lucky for me, since I don't own a sub)

Sound quality I found fantastic, nice and clear, and enough bass for it's intended use. I'll be using these more than the DXR's now, keeping them for when I need that little bit 'more'

Also, the build quality impressed me. Very solidly built. Carry handles on the sides and top. These are also stack-able if you want to run in banks. They also have screw knobs to secure them to speaker stands.

Overall, for a speaker which is half the price of the DXR's, your cannot go wrong. Really good value for your money.

Genuinely delighted, and not at all surprised that you're happy with them.

PS. Oh, and just a teensy weensy bit smug.