Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cancellation terms.

I was actually thinking of changing mine but they are as follows...

Booking fees are non-refundable.

Booking cancelled within 28 days of the event - 50% of the balance due.

Booking cancelled within 14 days of the event - Full balance due.

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    I don't understand why you charge cancellation of extras, unless you not own them and have to book them from another supplier. If you own these extras, what's your justification for any costs incurred by you?
    Because those items can be hired out separately and they've booked them as part of the package preventing me from doing so.

Some of my bookings have extras 3 times the value of my DJ service for example.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

I don't understand why you charge cancellation of extras, unless you not own them and have to book them from another supplier. If you own these extras, what's your justification for any costs incurred by you?
    Because those extra won't be out working
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    Because those items can be hired out separately and they've booked them as part of the package preventing me from doing so.

Some of my bookings have extras 3 times the value of my DJ service for example.
    Ah, I see. Totally get it then.

Well here's mine which I consider pretty tight as I've used them this year with no comebacks. The "not subject to 14 days " bit I got from Angela so pretty sure she knows what she's on about. I also use "days" rather than weeks / months as it's easier to calculate.

• PLEASE NOTE: This contract is not subject to a 'cooling-off period' by virtue of s28(1)(h) of the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 and therefore in the event of cancellation of the engagement by the Client, a cancellation fee will be made on the following basis: "You may cancel the contract at any time by notice in writing. You will then be liable to pay us compensation based upon a percentage of the package fee depending upon the number of days before the event when the notice is received:

190-121 Days 50% 120 - 90 Days 75% 90-0 Days 100%
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    Well here's mine which I consider pretty tight as I've used them this year with no comebacks. The "not subject to 14 days " bit I got from Angela so pretty sure she knows what she's on about. I also use "days" rather than weeks / months as it's easier to calculate.

• PLEASE NOTE: This contract is not subject to a 'cooling-off period' by virtue of s28(1)(h) of the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 and therefore in the event of cancellation of the engagement by the Client, a cancellation fee will be made on the following basis: "You may cancel the contract at any time by notice in writing. You will then be liable to pay us compensation based upon a percentage of the package fee depending upon the number of days before the event when the notice is received:

Interesting - full fee payable from 3 months. Like it.

Question would be - how likely are you to follow through if they would not make payment ? I have never really been in the predicament but always wary of chasing people, especially if it got to court, for fear of negative publicity. Yes, you are in the right, but you know how easily people can be influenced by sob stories on fb etc

Just one more point, you can't claim for expenses not incurred either - e.g. fuel costs, equipment wear etc. These have to be deducted off any final fee demand.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post

If I was a potential customer, I would never sign that. Totally unreasonable in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I have had my T&C checked by a solicitor and they are enforceable, however to what extent I would see them through is questionable given the negative feedback that could be received.

I take a £50 booking fee which is non refundable and justifiable as they get my wedding pack. The remainder is due within 28 days and again the full amount is paid by then and not refundable.

I have thought about increasing this time to 6 weeks in line with most venues, but realistically with my business I can fill a date within 28 days, although maybe not as lucrative admittedly.

A sliding scale to me is just too confusing.
    Agreed, have given up on sliding scales.

I think you would need to reduce the balance in full with an allowance for savings on transport--I believe this is how the small claims court look at these things.

I cant fill a date in 28 days guaranteed

Im currently on a third upfront as NRBD ( Non refundable booking deposit) cancellation under 30 days full balance less allowance for travelling.

Now three categories.

1. Birthday, Wedding or general event 30 per cent NRBD and if event where theres no cash payment full payment 7 days in advance.
    Cancelled under 6 weeks ( as you wisely point out above) full balance less travelling cost.

2. Any event obviously relying on TICKET SALES where the promoter is an individual and may be a person of straw ( ie cant pay your cancellation fee) upfront non refundable payment of about 60 per cent and if it goes ahead balance on night in cash. This saves a potential bad debt and a load of time wasting.

Also puts off people not confident of shifting tickets which have caused us a lot of problems over the years.

If booked by a substantial organisation ie School, Golf Club, WMC etc with a Committee method one above. I have had 3 Golf Clubs cancel so far this year and a few wobbles from others.

3. Last minute bookings (under one month) full payment within 48 hours of booking confirmation by bank payment or cash to any Barclays Bank, no refunds other than travelling cost.

Some things you may not know about how others work---

1. Thomson Holidays want THEIR money 3 months in advance with little chance of refund.I know I just signed up

2. According to a Band we use Musicians Union Contracts commit the hirer to full payment after signing Contract whenever cancelled and they have Solicitors to back this up. The Band may decide to negotiate at their discretion.

Im not on any social meedya so not bothered about people getting upset about our cancellation terms which are clearly stated at time of quotation.

Must admit I dont know about 14 days cooling off-will have a look at that.

To put all this in context, I just "put off" an enquiry mid September from someone who cant come up with £125 until the end of October, for a booking of £600 in February because they had to pay the Hall in full upfront.

If I was a potential customer, I would never sign that. Totally unreasonable in my view.
    I tend to agree 3 months is a long time, that being said it depends on your method of advertising and quality of service.

I've got loads of gaps in November this year and I'm starting to think my new nicer website is putting off the last minute types as I'm getting more interest in November 2018 than 2016 at the moment!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I tend to agree 3 months is a long time..
    Demanding half the fee with 6 months notice is just as bad I think. But if they're still booking, even with those terms, then fair dues.