Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Social Media - is it good for generating business ?

Default Social Media - is it good for generating business ?

Question as above. I am of the opinion that social media actually brings in little to no work for me, especially considering the time it takes. Yeah, it is good for videos and photos etc, but in terms of actual enquiries coming directly from social media it is very poor.

Am I doing something wrong or is this reality ?
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

I use it as a way of showing work I've done recently more so than to generate business. More of an extention to my website, I've had a few people solely talk to me on Facebook about their event so it might also offer a comfortable platform to chat if they don't really use email.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

What do your leads say when you ask them how they found out about you? Did social media play any part in their decision to get in touch (watching videos, looking at photos etc) ?

Apparently, social media activity means that content linked to you is kept fresh & thus, you're held dearer by search engines than those who don't partake. There's more than a grain of truth in that. Before I started bookfacing & g+'ing, I was struggling to even get on page 2 of Google results. Is it generating business? Nah I don't think so.

Frankly I'm sick to death of making videos of the same old place week in week out now. Especially since the more popular tunes are.. THE SAME.

^^^ Wot he said

I've got accounts/pages on the book of faces, Goooooooogle +, Twatter and all the rest of them (keeping them all up to date is a full time job in itself ).

If you get an enquiry via Facebook, it's likely to be a price hunter looking for the cheapest deal going (i.e. you pay THEM to turn up). BUT - in the terms of "fresh and regularly updated content" which the mighty Goooooooogle requires, it's unfortunately a necessary evil.

FB has become harder these days to reach the audience, and even more so since they seem to have become the copyright police if any video you post contains music (shock...horror......a DJ posting a video which contains music!!!)

It's called "social proof".

People like to check that a business is genuine. Having a Facebook page/Twitter etc with interaction and lots of regular posts helps show that 1: you're a genuine business, 2: you're still in business and 3: that people like you (from reviews/comments from clients)

It gives people confidence to contact you.

Unlikely to directly create any bookings, but could help make people aware of your business and direct them to your website.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    It's called "social proof".

People like to check that a business is genuine. Having a Facebook page/Twitter etc with interaction and lots of regular posts helps show that 1: you're a genuine business, 2: you're still in business and 3: that people like you (from reviews/comments from clients)

It gives people confidence to contact you.

Unlikely to directly create any bookings, but could help make people aware of your business and direct them to your website.
    +1, couldn't of said it better myself.

I have met loads of industry people using social media as well and through those relationships more work has come in as well. I think it's not something to focus too much of your time on but worth doing none the less.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Also, I'm absolutely bonkers about reviews and I wanted my reviews to be believable as possible.
    Sure you could make fake reviews if you were really that bad that people don't want to compliment you but it's much more believable when it's on facebook in my opinion.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Nope unless you are a cheap DJ and want to get on the price hunting groups full of other cheap suppliers.
    I have tried all sorts and nothing has really worked for me. Almost every 'lead' has ended up going nowhere.

Only used Facebook though. Sure it works for some, but not for me.

Great place to show off what you have been doing. Better than a blog as you can feed it into your website:

Name:  dfjhdasjgh.png
Views: 172
Size:  267.7 KB
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I've pretty much given up on social Media (rightly or wrongly). My experience was it was people putting cost over experience. If anyone contacts me via social media I just direct them to my website for a quote.

I don't use Facebook myself, I can't get my head round it, although I do have an account that hasn't been updated for a long time. Years ago I tried Facebook advertising which proved to be a waste of time and money, having said that, quite a few customers have asked why I don't promote myself on it, and recommend I do. One of my better regular clients tells me he gets most of his work via Facebook and he certainly isn't a bottom feeding cheap DJ, last weekend he had a large Russian wedding at one of the areas top venues so for some, it does appear to work, maybe it's time for a rethink.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire