Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Vaporizer Strobe Light

Default Vaporizer Strobe Light

Hi I got one of these Vaporizer Strobe lights here for repair.

Could be a Zoom Vaporizer 1500 or Source Vaporizer 1500. Maybe both are the same thing? It just says Vaporizer Strobe Light on the back, no model number etc.

It has a circuit breaker type on off switch at one end with captive mains lead and DMX in/out plus 10 dip switches at the other end

Could be it has 2 DMX channels rate/intensity, though I didn't attach a DMX controller just yet as it's in my storage unit, but does anyone know about these strobes and whether they are supposed to have a standalone strobe function (switch 10 on?)

This one powers up, or at least I can hear the fan running and red LED comes on, but doesn't flash, so is faulty unless I am using it incorrectly

Cheers
    Rich

Kinda partly answered my own question - spotted a built in mic behind the mounting bracket - so definitely has built in sound to strobe - anyone know how to activate that?

Rich

Cant find the manual , but have a look at this thread .

http://www.blue-room.org.uk/index.php?showtopic=16949

Cheers

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Cheers Daryl

I had seen that thread but the link to the manual is dead. I'm guessing this strobe is the same one as described there

Best guess from having a look at it is a microcontroller faultt - The DIP switch 10 works - switches the voltage on an input port pin on the microcontroller, The Sound-to-Light circuit works, sends pulse to microcontroller pin when I tap the casing, but the micro never sends a signal to trigger the flash.

Oscillator running, micro isn't permananetly RESET, unless I am missing something like a Dip Swithch setting then this one can't be repaired

Rich

I've got one of these.

Not sure if I've ever tried it stand-alone, but it definitely uses 2 channels of DMX and needs a combination of values on both channels to get output. Can't remember what the values are - I end up just having a quick play with a couple of sliders on the desk each time I use it to remind myself!

The blinder function is where it really comes in handy.

Hi mate
    Could you possibly plug it in and set DIP switch 10 to on, all others off, and see if it runs sound-to-light stand alone

Cheers

Will try to remember next time I'm at the unit (may get out there later today)!

OK, tried it last night.

Just switch 10 on gives constant flashing.
    Trial and error determined that switches 9 + 10 both on gives sound to light.