Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Denon Axis Speaker Range

Default Denon Axis Speaker Range

Does anyone have anyone have any experience of the Denon Axis range of speakers and subwoofers?

I've been thinking about getting a small compact set-up with 8" tops and 12" subs and came across these. It looks like they only came out last year so I'm assuming it's too early for them to be discontinued but Why Buy New are selling them off really cheap. The set up I want with 8" tops and 12" subs is £849 down from £1,999! The spec looks pretty good to me with 1000W RMS and 125dB SPL and at that price I'm definitely tempted. I've had a look round at other online sellers and the original prices look to be genuine. The 8" tops alone are £562.70 each on Thomann and the subs are £659 each so the set-up would cost over £2,400 from there. I know the cube shape won't be everyone's cup of tea but is there anything else I'm missing?

Get in the mix are doing a great deal on these too http://www.getinthemix.com/sound-pa/...?brand_0=denon
    I'm amazed to see the axis12 full range goes down to 38hz!

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    Get in the mix are doing a great deal on these too http://www.getinthemix.com/sound-pa/...?brand_0=denon
    I'm amazed to see the axis12 full range goes down to 38hz!
    Yes I noticed them on there but it looks as though Why Buy New and Get in the Mix are either the same company or belong to the same group.

I can only assume that people haven't gone for these because Denon doesn't have any pedigree in the active PA speaker market. I'm thinking I might buy the setup tomorrow on interest free credit and give them a go though. I've had plenty of Denon DJ gear in the past and had no issues with the quality so I'm assuming they will be a good buy and seems a good deal for the money.

I spoke to a major disco retailer about these he told me they were crap and I would be much better off with RCF 10s and a single sub , he could have sold them to me as he had them in stock but he wanted to keep me as a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Disco View Post
    I spoke to a major disco retailer about these he told me they were crap and I would be much better off with RCF 10s and a single sub , he could have sold them to me as he had them in stock but he wanted to keep me as a customer.
    Well that's one review to bear in mind and in fairness I'm struggling to find many other reviews.

It would be interesting to know whether 'crap' is relative to the full retail price or whether he would consider them a reasonable buy at the reduced price. I'm assuming I wouldn't be able to buy a pair of 10" RCFs and an RCF sub for £850 and I'm particularly wanting 8" tops and 12" subs from a portability perspective. I was fancying the Yamaha DXS12 subs with DXR8s but that lot would set me back nearly three times as much as these Denons

Hits harder than the 12" RCF sub
    I just got is yesterday from PSSL and after running it for 5 minutes I wanted another one. They are sold out and told me they were not getting anymore. Bummer. I ran it last night while I was DJing at a local club side by side to the RCF702 and it was way louder before clipping. Funny thing also is the gain knobs, On the Denon I had to keep it at 10 o'clock position and the RCF was at 3 to be equal. I paid 386 for the Denon and 600 for the RCF, the Denon is a no brainer kick butt winner. I wish I could buy another for the same price.
    July 7, 2016
    DJ Lix

Just came across this review and I suppose it just goes to show that every different person can have a different view on something as subjective as how good a speaker sounds.

I'm still tempted to give these a go but if I do I will have to do it blind because I won't be able to have a demo before I buy. I suppose the question for me is whether they would be better than the pair of Alto Tsub12s and pair of W Audio PSR8As that I currently own. Based on the specs and my previous experience of Denon I suspect they would be by some distance even if they aren't up to Yamaha or RCF quality.

Why don't you get the DXR 8 first you can't go wrong with those then trade up your subs later although Yamaha DXS12 is quite a big heavy lump for a 12" sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Disco View Post
    Why don't you get the DXR 8 first you can't go wrong with those then trade up your subs later although Yamaha DXS12 is quite a big heavy lump for a 12" sub.
    I think that is where I'd like to get to eventually but I'll probably have to work my way up to it because I can't justify £900+ at the moment for a pair of DXR8s. With this Denon deal I would be able to sell on my pair of Alto subs and put the money towards which would make the £850 do-able. I figured the 8" tops would be fine for my smaller gigs and for larger gigs I could switch the 8" tops for my Yamaha DBR12s. I've used the DBR12s with the Alto subs to reasonable effect and I'm assuming the Denon subs would produce a noticeably better sound and look a bit nicer too.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual77 View Post
    Does anyone have anyone have any experience of the Denon Axis range of speakers and subwoofers?
    I haven't yet but it does seem like an incredible deal, I honestly can't imagine Denon risking their reputation by selling utter rubbish, but then again Mackie did with the 'Thumps' so who knows? I personally think it's worth the risk, and have just purchased the 12" Axis tops and the 12" subs package from get in the mix @ just under £900 complete with poles and cables, they would have to be pretty awful for me to be disappointed at that price. From personal experience I've observed clients are far less critical of sound systems than DJs themselves are, provided the sound system is 'reasonable' and not over driven. I should get delivery on Wednesday so assuming they arrive on schedule and I have the time, I'll post my initial opinion of them Wed evening. Thanks for the 'heads up'
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    I haven't yet but it does seem like an incredible deal, I honestly can't imagine Denon risking their reputation by selling utter rubbish, but then again Mackie did with the 'Thumps' so who knows? I personally think it's worth the risk, and have just purchased the 12" Axis tops and the 12" subs package from get in the mix @ just under £900 complete with poles and cables, they would have to be pretty awful for me to be disappointed at that price. From personal experience I've observed clients are far less critical of sound systems than DJs themselves are, provided the sound system is 'reasonable' and not over driven. I should get delivery on Wednesday so assuming they arrive on schedule and I have the time, I'll post my initial opinion of them Wed evening. Thanks for the 'heads up'
    I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts and I'll hold fire until I get your review. I can imagine at the full retail price of over £2k there would be other better options but at £900 it is almost a case of buy the tops and get the subs, poles and cables for free.

I'll look forward to reading your report.