Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Van sign writing security

My vans been sign-written for the last 10 years, with no break in attempts.

I did have a van broken into about 15 years ago. That van didn't have any sign-writing.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I've just created a survey regarding the topic of break-ins (attempted and successful) to see if we can get a bit more information on the circumstances and how we can work together to make our vehicles more secure:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/JSLWMMH

I'll be sending it to other people, if you know any other DJs or similar trades who have experienced a vehicle break-in share the link please

Once a few results are collected I'll post the outcomes so we can all see.
    Would also be interesting to hear from those who haven't had any attempt at a break in, and what security they've had in place, ie, additional locks - does that act as a deter ant to attempt to break in for example?

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    Done the survey.

Already with just 2 respondents there are similar answers!
    Indeed I'm hoping for 10 responses to get a much clearer picture.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Would also be interesting to hear from those who haven't had any attempt at a break in, and what security they've had in place, ie, additional locks - does that act as a deter ant to attempt to break in for example?
    I believe additional locks deter. I was told by a friend once (who knows theives) that a theif wouldn't bother trying to break my lock unless they knew something very valuable was inside. That being said I've managed to pick the lock myself in 10 mins with a lockpicking kit, which does mean I prehaps don't sleep so well at night as others do!

Quote Originally Posted by surround sounds View Post
    CCTV is great if used correctly.
    I have 5mp ip cameras and they are excellent in the dark. I can also set them to motion and if there is any motion within a certain area which i choose, i get a text, call or email depending on what in want.
    I've just got a cheap camera like this for like £40. Works okay but I think I need a better one as the motion sensor is terrible. May I ask which camera you have?

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

CCTV is great if used correctly.
    I have 5mp ip cameras and they are excellent in the dark. I can also set them to motion and if there is any motion within a certain area which i choose, i get a text, call or email depending on what in want.
    Fat lot of good a phone call or email is when you're not at home. By the time you get back or call somebody they and your stuff will already be long gone. CCTV is no deterrent. It has some use in solving crimes after the fact when the images are clear, and when the people on the images are known to the police. Otherwise, meh.

Spend money on making it harder for them to get in first.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Fat lot of good a phone call or email is when you're not at home. By the time you get back or call somebody they and your stuff will already be long gone. CCTV is no deterrent. It has some use in solving crimes after the fact when the images are clear, and when the people on the images are known to the police. Otherwise, meh.

Spend money on making it harder for them to get in first.
    Its great when you mom and dad lives 30 secs away and best mate 2 doors away. Images on mine is very clear and should be for the money

Its great when you mom and dad lives 30 secs away and best mate 2 doors away. Images on mine is very clear and should be for the money

So long as you have other deterrents in place I sincerely hope you never have to rely on using images from it. A loud scary alarm should be enough to put thieves off. It usually has to go off for that to happen though

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    So long as you have other deterrents in place I sincerely hope you never have to rely on using images from it. A loud scary alarm should be enough to put thieves off. It usually has to go off for that to happen though
    Yes its got 2 alarms fitted and tracking device.