Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ONE MORE SONG!

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I always pack speakers first which gives a definitive sign
    Yep, me too.

Before last tune:

Big cheer for the bar staff,
    Wee cheer for the DJ (unless I reckon I'm going to get booed )
    Massive cheers for yourselves
    Rattle the windows cheer for your bride and groom.

Job done.

All cables out & obviously start winding them. "It won't work without these plugged in & they aren't going to be"
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

I always pack speakers first which gives a definitive sign
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Yep, me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    All cables out & obviously start winding them. "It won't work without these plugged in & they aren't going to be"
    Gordon Bennett, but you lot are really naive at times!! That's never stopped customers expecting me to magically play " one more ". You must have a much better class of customer.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Gordon Bennett, but you lot are really naive at times!! That's never stopped customers expecting me to magically play " one more ". You must have a much better class of customer.
    Battery amps with wi fi speakers.

It's the future !!!!!!!!!!!!

I was pretty much packed completely down after one wedding, guests had left the room, tables were cleared and floor being hoovered and still had one girl wander back in and request I play Dancing Queen (with a long drunken explanation of why it was so important). Halfway through her ramblings I twigged that because the bar staff had put some music on while they cleared up she thought the party was still going...so pointed her in the direction of the duty manager and told her he was doing the music now and enjoyed watching him trying to explain why he wasn’t taking requests!

Its when they come up and ask you for music when the band are playing that you have to worry as its its you playing that?
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    I was pretty much packed completely down after one wedding, guests had left the room, tables were cleared and floor being hoovered and still had one girl wander back in and request I play Dancing Queen (with a long drunken explanation of why it was so important). Halfway through her ramblings I twigged that because the bar staff had put some music on while they cleared up she thought the party was still going...so pointed her in the direction of the duty manager and told her he was doing the music now and enjoyed watching him trying to explain why he wasn’t taking requests!

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    I twigged that because the bar staff had put some music on while they cleared up she thought the party was still going.
    Second pet hate, just behind the venue that insists on pain of death " music off at midnight ", and then proceed to leave lights off and seemingly do naff all, is the one which puts their music on after you've been forced to finish.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Hmm, wonder if that was me as I like to send people away on a high
    If you had been a resident DJ in a pub in Blyth doing karaoke discos then it may have been you! Oh, and if it was, the manager said you were a crap DJ who drank way too much when you were working!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ckpr2 View Post
    I just explain that the music has to stop at midnight due to licensing laws, usually works.

I once did a disco and backed a band at Kendal for the TA in a interesting looking building.
    Midnight came and I started to pack up.
    A young man came up and asked if they paid me a bit more would I play on.
    I eventually got away at 4am only to get stuck in snow on the way home.
    By 7am I eventually got home.
    Attachment 18083
    TA and army bookings are always pretty much going to go in to extra time. But they are usually well-paying gigs and you tend to get fed so as long as you wear comfortable shoes you should be ok!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!