Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: louder sound system?

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    Wishful thinking i am based just down the road and been running a hire co for over 30 years and hire out ( dry hire ) a 5kw system for £ 150.00 no vat .
    Whats the competition?

Your DJ prices are very competitive (given the standard of kit you use & experience) so there may be better prices to achieve perhaps with decent marketing and contacts etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    and cost me likely £500 +£120 per hire = affordable for me and just a small price increase for the client.
    I think Hiring from Tony would be the best option for this OP. Thats a good rate for such a large sound rig, just turn up with your decks and charge £500 you did before (plus the £150 PA hire cost). Its a vastly improved system so the proprietor will see the benefits and spend the money. If its a boxing match they will be making a small fortune as it is with door cover fees alone.
    Last edited by yourdj; 24-10-2016 at 08:14 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Certainly something to consider. Prices seem to be around the £300 mark to hire out a system, I'm not sure it'd be hired out quite as many times as I'd like though.
    Wishful thinking i am based just down the road and been running a hire co for over 30 years and hire out ( dry hire ) a 5kw system for £ 150.00 no vat .
    There you go, problem solved, hire from Tony at £150 a time (he might even give you a special forum rate).

Fair enough, I do tend to agree the prices everybody chuck around are sometimes more than what is regularly achievable.

I may well be in contact when the date gets sorted for my next big gig

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Fair enough, I do tend to agree the prices everybody chuck around are sometimes more than what is regularly achievable.

I may well be in contact when the date gets sorted for my next big gig
    What people charge has nothing to do with me, but personally I would want to rent it for (say) £300 once a month which is the same as renting it for £150 twice a month. I don't think that amount is too high for the quality of what you are delivering as its tough work, time consuming and requires fairly advanced technical experience to set it up and manage it (especially when doing the sound for bands), which is the main cost that gets overlooked.

Also these systems will be for large events, so the revenue will be there. It's not like its a small charity ball or something for 20-30 people, it will be for large events for hundreds of people, or massive open air events, where the ticket charges might be £30 per head so the promoter will be turning over £thousands. It's a lot of work running these rigs to personally I would want to be paid for it.

Perhaps the PA hire industry runs on a completely different monetary system? If a Photo Booth can regularly achieve £500 (I have one booked at that rate tonight) then i don't see why a sound systems managed and run by an 'engineer' can't also, especially with microphones and other technical kit. Maybe just a matter of good marketing and Kudos.

I know my friend Joe gets paid thousands for his PA and lighting services just for a day rate.
    He now does Top gear and Robot Wars. he also has some very serious sound rigs should Tony be busy.
    http://www.sfxevents.com/sound

This might be an area I may go into when i take on my new partner to deal with our corporate site hence the interest.
    Last edited by yourdj; 25-10-2016 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    What people charge has nothing to do with me, but personally I would want to rent it for (say) £300 once a month which is the same as renting it for £150 twice a month
    I'm totally with you Toby, prehaps it is marketing etc but I have similar problems with my large MR&MRS letters, everybody keeps saying "don't underprice" but the truth is they're getting booked for £350 in London and up north more often than I'm getting £200 locally, and I've done 3 wedding fayres with them! Same with the dance floor I've just bought, getting more people wanting to pay the proper amount anywhere but here! Considering we have Sandbanks and the New Forest I'm actually really surprised.

I'm pretty certain my Dorsetdj site is in very good Google search positions too!?

Maybe people just don't like me haha.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

more often than I'm getting £200 locally
    If you can get £200 from 4 large letters in a small private event, I am sure you can beat that with the whole sound for a boxing match or similar large event. I only find they sell when they are really marketed to people, but I do lots of face to face meetings, which makes things much easier as you can drop it into the conversation. A tri fold double sided leaflet is also working well along with the pages on my site showing it all off. I am trying to push evenings with lots of extra this year as i will have 2 babies, so will not have a lot of sleep!!
    Last edited by yourdj; 25-10-2016 at 10:40 AM.