Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DJEP request limit problems?

Default DJEP request limit problems?

Anyone having any issues? for some reason my limits are being totally ignored by the system and I'm getting 30+ must plays when I've got the limit set to 10

Default DJEP playlists

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    Anyone having any issues? for some reason my limits are being totally ignored by the system and I'm getting 30+ must plays when I've got the limit set to 10
    At least you try and limit yours, I sub for a local event company who passed me a wedding for this Saturday that had a total of 193 requests of which 14 were guest requests the rest were "MUST PLAYS". Needless to say I had to refuse the gig......
    always remember, you're unique, just like everyone else......

Just printed off mine to meet up with a client later today and they've put 86 Must plays down!!!!!

Definitely something wrong here. I'll post it on the DJEP bug forum bit. Feel free to add your 2p's worth to it.

Posted on DJEP here's the link

http://eventplannerforum.com/forum_p...D=64311&#64311
    Last edited by Spirits High; 26-10-2016 at 07:27 AM.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

I've already started a thread on DJEP (I thought the bugs forum was for literal "this page has jobbied the bed" bugs but I'll stick my neck in when I get a minute.

It's not so bad in that most of the tunes are fine but there's some questionable ones in there and as it's a NaD gig I don't want to have to say to the guy - you actually only get 10 of them buddy when he's sat and racked up a list of 30 odds.

I've already started a thread on DJEP (I thought the bugs forum was for literal "this page has jobbied the bed" bugs but I'll stick my neck in when I get a minute.

It's not so bad in that most of the tunes are fine but there's some questionable ones in there and as it's a NaD gig I don't want to have to say to the guy - you actually only get 10 of them buddy when he's sat and racked up a list of 30 odds.

Just jumped on it too. Hopefully they'll sort it soon.

Cheeky little DJEP, they've just deleted my post in your thread!!
    Last edited by Spirits High; 26-10-2016 at 09:04 AM.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    Just jumped on it too. Hopefully they'll sort it soon.

Cheeky little DJEP, they've just deleted my post in your thread!!
    They seem to have deleted mine completely so hey ho. Hopefully it gets fixed sooner rather than later - we're getting to that daft EVERYONE IN THE OFFICE PICK 60 TUNES THAT MEAN A LOT TO YOU AND I'LL FORWARD IT ONTO THE DJ type nonsense point of the year

They seem to have deleted mine completely so hey ho. Hopefully it gets fixed sooner rather than later - we're getting to that daft EVERYONE IN THE OFFICE PICK 60 TUNES THAT MEAN A LOT TO YOU AND I'LL FORWARD IT ONTO THE DJ type nonsense point of the year
    Your thread has been moved to bugs, minus my comment on it.

Apparently though they've found a bug and the fix will be in the weekly code update.

Seriously chaps (and at least one lovely chapess)...where's the problem?

We're here to provide a service aren't we? What the customer wants, they get (or they do in my book).

I don't limit the number of requests, but I've changed the heading in DJEP from "Must Play" to "Please Play". I also explain to all clients that this is a guide only and I'll fit the requests in if they're likely to work on the night. I've never, EVER had a problem with this policy and all customers so far have understood this.

As for it being a NaD gig....(sorry Martin/Vectis)...I really don't give a damn about that now. I'm so sick of £130 budgets coming through that I'll be leaving once this year's subscription is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post

We're here to provide a service aren't we? What the customer wants, they get (or they do in my book).
    Give that man a coconut.

As for it being a NaD gig....(sorry Martin/Vectis)...I really don't give a damn about that now. I'm so sick of £130 budgets coming through that I'll be leaving once this year's subscription is over.
    While there seems to be an increase in operators offering their services at " bargain prices ", all human life is there, and there's no shortage of far higher priced budgets.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Problem? Not really, just bringing up the point that the limits were being exceeded and trying to see if it was my end or theirs.

Yes, we are here to give the customer what they want. But when you play alongside a band doing 2 x 45minute sets leaving me approximately 90minutes to do my thing then 86 requests is a tadge unrealistic.