Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: *pushes buttons through gritted teeth*

Default *pushes buttons through gritted teeth*

So when I'm not being a super duper star DJ I teach high school kids with profound special needs.

I just landed a new job at the start of August and it's going really well. Unknown to me though, the headmistress had received wind of my super star DJing from some grass in the staffroom and now I've been roped in to do the Halloween disco on Friday afternoon.

COMPLETELY FREE!!!!!!!

I dunno, next they'll be expecting me to turn up to parents nights and plan lessons and such nonsense!!!

Looking forward to it actually, the kids are all amazing and having done discos in previous ASN schools I know the kids love it and really get stuck in to the dancing unlike a mainstream high school disco where once they're past a certain age they just want to sit on their phones or swagger around like they're too cool for it.

But yeah, COMPLETELY FREE!!!! Add that on to the dough I've lost on tonights wedding which was cancelled and tomorrows private school disco I had to pass on because we've got an after work training session, I might have to turn the hot tub down to 37 degrees this week

Completely WHATNOW?! Yikes. Anyway, congratulations on the new post Jim!

I'm really looking forward to my annual freebie in December - it's for a charity I did a freebie for last year - a Christmas party for their clients & it was far & away the best feeling I got out of any of my December parties. I didn't leave completely unpaid though.. 4 bottles of decent wine was a lovely gesture by them I thought. The only downside to the whole thing was that it was the day after the hotel staff Christmas night out and I was a little bit fragile to say the least.

Well done Jim.

I work with kids as well as a Scout Leader. OK - not officially special needs (although it's debatable in some cases). I truly respect though what any teacher of that age range has to go through on a daily basis and I'll admit...I couldn't do it.

I've got my annual freebie coming up on Sunday. It's the local Scout Group's fundraiser Halloween disco (yes, the group where I'm the Scout Leader). I don't get paid, but the buzz I get from doing it is something else. I don't get any bookings from it because I don't do kids parties anymore apart from a couple of contracted school discos, but in my book, it's good Karma to give something back to the local community.

I don't do kids parties anymore (officially), but actually look forward to doing this one. It raises around £400 for the group (and we're a charity that get bugger all from elsewhere despite entertaining 70 kids every week on no money), so it's more than a worthwhile cause in my book because it makes the kids happy and makes my life a lot easier budget-wise when being a Scout Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Well done Jim.

I work with kids as well as a Scout Leader. OK - not officially special needs (although it's debatable in some cases). I truly respect though what any teacher of that age range has to go through on a daily basis and I'll admit...I couldn't do it.

I've got my annual freebie coming up on Sunday. It's the local Scout Group's fundraiser Halloween disco (yes, the group where I'm the Scout Leader). I don't get paid, but the buzz I get from doing it is something else. I don't get any bookings from it because I don't do kids parties anymore apart from a couple of contracted school discos, but in my book, it's good Karma to give something back to the local community.

I don't do kids parties anymore (officially), but actually look forward to doing this one. It raises around £400 for the group (and we're a charity that get bugger all from elsewhere despite entertaining 70 kids every week on no money), so it's more than a worthwhile cause in my book because it makes the kids happy and makes my life a lot easier budget-wise when being a Scout Leader
    Now I'm not saying that I'm a hero but........

It's just nice to give a bit back and from ones I've done in other schools, the kids love it.

The last freebie I did was about 2 years ago for a Halloween fundraiser by a group my dad is part of. Unfortunately for me I didn't realise it was a freebie until the end of the night - I didn't even get a beer out of it because I had the car and wasn't leaving my stuff overnight.