Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Asset list app / program

Default Asset list app / program

Evening All!

I need to list every piece of kit I have in my lock up. So what I'm looking for is an app for ipad or a programme for windows that will list stuff like description, ser no etc.

Obviously I can do it on excel etc with a spreadsheet type thing but was hoping someone would have also done this and know a nifty app or similar that will make it a whole lot easier and maybe even include a photo of each piece of kit.

Thanks in advance!
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Can't help with an app as I've never looked but I do vaguely use a very basic spreadsheet, but I never find the time to keep it up to date and I too would be very interested in what you discover...

I posted on this yesterday but looks like I haven't saved it properly!!

There are loads of free software and apps for cataloguing things like CDs and DVDs and I was thinking would it be possible to utilise one of these - maybe change the field titles - to suit your needs?

All my kit is catalogued on DJEP.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

After a bit of hunting around I've found there are few online inventory's that will go too deep for what I need ie : Stock control, scanning kit in & out etc

What I did find was an app in the iStore called "My Inventory" for 79p. It takes pics of the items, lists them by item, value, store location and you can export to pdf or csv file. Not actually got around to using it (apart from cataloging the cat!) but will update as to how it goes. Screenshot attached of it to give you an idea.

Name:  Screenshot 2016-11-02 17.12.33.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  31.6 KB
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    After a bit of hunting around I've found there are few online inventory's that will go too deep for what I need ie : Stock control, scanning kit in & out etc

What I did find was an app in the iStore called "My Inventory" for 79p. It takes pics of the items, lists them by item, value, store location and you can export to pdf or csv file. Not actually got around to using it (apart from cataloging the cat!) but will update as to how it goes. Screenshot attached of it to give you an idea.

I'm doing something similar at the moment for real ale with an app called Beer.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post

Let us know how you get on with it. My business contents insurance doesn't ask for a breakdown of kit so I've only got records of the stuff that goes through PAT testing and a mental note of the other stuff.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk