Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New website host recommendations

Default New website host recommendations

I'm looking to change hosting provider for my 7 websites and after some recommendations.

Not looking for the cheapest necessarily but must be an excellent reliable service with a customer relations set up that's not going to uncontactable for weeks on end.

Thanks
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    I'm looking to change hosting provider for my 7 websites and after some recommendations.

Not looking for the cheapest necessarily but must be an excellent reliable service with a customer relations set up that's not going to uncontactable for weeks on end.

Thanks
    Hi Ya
    Try John Horton. He is a Dj like ourselves but also designs and host websites. I have never had any problems and i trust him 100%

http://www.hortonwebsitedesign.co.uk/

I was looking for a new host and found these people. A couple of others have also recommended them:

https://tsohost.com

No problems at all so far.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I'm more mainstream and host all of mine with GoDaddy after a falling out with Heart Internet via a reseller. Not the cheapest by far but cheaper than some I've seen. I judge service providers on how they resolve problems and, to be fair, I've only ever had one issue with a new site I was having problems getting up and running. I rang them and they resolved the, rather complicated, issue over the phone in around an hour. In fact, I was prepared to give up by the agent was adamant he would get the issue sorted and, to be fair, he did making me one very happy customer. Oh, and this was at 10am on a Sunday morning so they're definitely reachable!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Another vote for TSOhost.

I would only ever deal with an established company with a full support system in place.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post

I would only ever deal with an established company with a full support system in place.
    And that's the very reason I chose GoDaddy!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Marc J has been rock solid for me

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Only one I'd consider. Customer service second to none, and considering some of the trouble I've put him to, I think he's due a drink from me.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Only one I'd consider. Customer service second to none, and considering some of the trouble I've put him to, I think he's due a drink from me.
    Thanks guys

I've hosted a site for Paul before and IIRC there were no issues and we parted amicably...from what I remember he was looking for design work and I was too busy at the time, and the new designers wanted to host as well (or it was part of a package).

Feel free to get in touch Paul. I see your sites are WordPress hosted on cPanel, so moving would be a breeze...as long as the designers let you take their designs with you. I've heard some horror stories of people being charged £££s for sites they thought they had already paid for when they want to move hosts - remember any copyright remains with the creator of the work unless they explicitly transferred it

EDIT: I've only posted as there were 2 recommendations for me already. If I've broken any rules please remove any offending part(s)!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post

EDIT: I've only posted as there were 2 recommendations for me already. If I've broken any rules please remove any offending part(s)!
    All's good Marc.