Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headphones what are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    Never use them
    Can I ask how you manage to DJ without using headphones? Just a question, it's just I really couldn't.

Well I will try to be as true as possible , yes I do beat match and any hot cues are done at home , ok I do use headphones at home , but I have never found a use for them "live" if you know what i mean , that's not to say I dont have a pair plugged in when i do a gig , I have some sennheiser phones , cant remember what model , I have found that by not using them , I can interact with the clients with out the need to take off?put on the phones , I fully understand that a lot of DJ`s use them to great effect , cueing up tracks etc , but not for me , just my personal style , and the fact that most of the gigs I do follow a well rehearsed format ( a lot of people do not like to listen to music that they do not know) , plus I use the Ultramixer software , which is very visual , so I can "see" whats going on , maybe if I did a gig that was "out of my comfort zone" ,ie , music that I was not familiar with I would use headphones , I hope this goes some way to answering your question , in fact I was waiting for some one to ask....

Cheers

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

HDJ2000. Great pair of headphones, and going strong three years later.

Couple of years is a decent life for a pair of headphones. The 1500 retail at about 140 notes and assuming you have used them on average once a week over the last two years, they've cost you about £1.35 a gig. I'd say you got your money's worth out of them.

HD25 had them for years, somebody told me American audio £25 headphones were good so when the cable went on my hd25s I got some... Absolutely terrible. Even worse than my pioneer headphones which are most definitely style over substance. People say beats are a waste of money.... Hmmm poineer aren't far behind.

All I can say is why dies literally everybody use hd25s? TV, football, DJs, only real pros that don't are being paid to wear others I reckon

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

I don't wear headphones all night long - just when I'm preparing tracks or mixing a transition - and even then not all the time - so they don't prove a problem with interaction.

What I love about the HD215 - comfy & very snug. They're also fairly closed but are brilliant at rejecting extraneous noises (like Grease songs, Proud Mary etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Jones View Post
    Can I ask how you manage to DJ without using headphones? Just a question, it's just I really couldn't.
    I only really use mine for likes of Living on a Prayer and other long intros.

Could do without if needed and did for years
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I only really use mine for likes of Living on a Prayer and other long intros.

Could do without if needed and did for years
    That's where Hot Cues come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    That's where Hot Cues come in handy.
    That just makes things boring
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Well everyone I went with the "so called " Industry Standard, the Sennheiser HD 25 Plus, I paid £140 inc delivery & was told it was the best price anyone could do. Time will tell if I've made the right choice.
    I've also bought a dedicated hard case off eBay to keep them in.
    Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread.

Sennheiser HD 25 for years. Had to replace the cable and pads recently, apart from that they've been rock solid.