Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headphones what are you using?

Default Headphones what are you using?

Hello All,

The age old question of what headphones are best for DJ use? I have had loads over the last (nearly) 30 years. From cheap & cheerful to £150 +.

I currently am using the Pioneer HDJ 1500 which for the last 2 years have been fantastic. Last night they failed, well a weak plastic did! I can get the replacement bits, which for the 4 pieces of plastic the size of 4 postage stamps & a lovely cost of over £60. The parts will fix them but I feel I'm not solving the design flaw. I love the HDJ's they feel weighty, well made & until now have been great.
    I'm angling towards a pair of the Sennheiser HD 25 Plus's. But am not sure I will get on with the on ear design as apposed to the over ears of the HDJ's.
    What's everyone else using??

Thanks

Still using Sennheiser HD-215 here. I bought them way back before I started DJing again. My son came along & he used to play with them. They're toddler proof ! And thus far, me proof too. Best money I've ever spent on cans ever.

I use Bose. Really light and comfy. Don't know the model tho'.

I used and loved the Sennheiser HD-205's.

But recently they failed on me, I'm guessing the drivers went, sound quality really dropped. Did sound really poor / distorted.

Made the mistake of buying a cheap alternative, (Skullcandy, very plasticy, poor sound quality, poor fit for DJ use).

I've Just invested in the 215's.

Before I bought the 215s I'd been through many a pair over the years. Mostly cheap but also Pioneer, Technics & Audiotechnica. All cheap (not cheap!!) plastic JUNK.

My best headphones before these were Sennheiser HD414. Oh how I miss them. I didn't lose or break them... They went through a couple of foam earpads... No how I came to part ways from these... They got nicked from a club

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Jones View Post
    Hello All,

The age old question of what headphones are best for DJ use? I have had loads over the last (nearly) 30 years. From cheap & cheerful to £150 +.

I currently am using the Pioneer HDJ 1500 which for the last 2 years have been fantastic. Last night they failed, well a weak plastic did! I can get the replacement bits, which for the 4 pieces of plastic the size of 4 postage stamps & a lovely cost of over £60. The parts will fix them but I feel I'm not solving the design flaw. I love the HDJ's they feel weighty, well made & until now have been great.
    I'm angling towards a pair of the Sennheiser HD 25 Plus's. But am not sure I will get on with the on ear design as apposed to the over ears of the HDJ's.
    What's everyone else using??

Thanks
    Hello Paul

Can you claim under warranty? My HDJs have just fallen apart too at less than a year old so im trying to claim under warranty although i am still waiting for a reply from the supplier,If i dont hear anything soon ill contact pioneer direct.

Name:  HEADPHONES.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  43.4 KBName:  HEADPHONES 2.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  22.5 KBName:  HEADPHONES 3.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  31.2 KB

We had a discussion on the HDA and took in our headphones on a meeting.
    The unanimous favourite was Sennhiser 25's. Even they call them the 'industry standard'
    They have quite an impressive range.

I am still using my Marshal Majors, but will move to them when they are caput.

http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/dj-headphones

Name:  product_detail_x2_desktop_HD_25_Isofront_RGB_red.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  28.4 KB
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    We had a discussion on the HDA and took in our headphones on a meeting.
    The unanimous favourite was Sennhiser 25's. Even they call them the 'industry standard'
    They have quite an impressive range.

I am still using my Marshal Majors, but will move to them when they are caput.

http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/dj-headphones

Name:  product_detail_x2_desktop_HD_25_Isofront_RGB_red.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  28.4 KB
    Yes you are right,been using them for many years and all the parts are readily available,why use anything else.

Never use them
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasPM View Post
    Hello Paul

Can you claim under warranty? My HDJs have just fallen apart too at less than a year old so im trying to claim under warranty although i am still waiting for a reply from the supplier,If i dont hear anything soon ill contact pioneer direct.

Name:  HEADPHONES.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  43.4 KBName:  HEADPHONES 2.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  22.5 KBName:  HEADPHONES 3.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  31.2 KB
    Hi Thomas,

Mine are over 2 years old. So didn't think I stood a chance with a claim. I might send them an email & see how I get on. I'm not sure what there customer service is like, that said I have spent over £2K with them in the last couple of years & probably a lot more over the last 30!!!!

Thanks.