Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: With a new brand comes a new logo

The cartoon seems to have divided opinion.

My take on it is if you like it yourself and you want to attract like minded people to book you then it should work.

It would be good to see the whole website to get context as well.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    The cartoon seems to have divided opinion.
    It really has, hasn't it? I think I'll need to add a bit more info to this:

The cartoon isn't going to appear on all my promotional material. I'll mostly be using my name only (both versions shown) across my branding. The cartoon will be on my stand, flyers/business cards and social media. The uniforms, Subsafes, website and other stuff that I can't think of right now will be cartoon free.

As for the website, it's in the process of getting made up as we speak. I'm getting Mike at Webnation to build it as my last site with him is doing pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    If you end up not using the cartoon character I'm sure you could sell it on to Shaun, the resemblance is uncanny!
    Right down to the pale white complexion.

-----------------------------------------

Logo: I prefer it without the cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    ... not some Herbert in a suit who won't crack a smile all night.
    Damn that was gonna be my new USP!

OK, so I've had the Liteconsole panels re-branded. I was going to wait to take a photo at a gig, but I'm waiting a few weeks before I take this out on the road, as I want all my re-branding done.

So, bearing in mind there is no sexy lighting around it and it has been taken in my garage (which looks like it could do with a bit of a sweep), here is what the Liteconsole looks like:

The uniforms are being done at the moment as well. Here are the mock ups:

The website is still having content made for it, which I will be working on over the next few days and weeks, but I'm pretty close to being ready to go but I thought I'd put some piccies up as I know the character divided opinion and hopefully it'll add some context to it.

In context like that I'm warming to the new logo Benny. Opinions about a cutesy character will always be divided I think but yours is definitely the double of you. Far better that than a misery guts in a dickybow tie any day.

Nobody's saying weddings should be a laugh a minute but a reception should be FUN. It's a party to be enjoyed, savoured & remembered by all. Your new direction is screaming that from the rooftops. It won't be everybody's cup of tea sure, but since when was not being all things to all people a bad thing?

I hope you realise that you'll now get personalised insults and aggressive requests

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I hope you realise that you'll now get personalised insults and aggressive requests
    While I don't openly have my name signwritten on my booth I always reveal it during my intro bits. Some people even remember it!

So Friday night was the debut night for the new branding. I decided to wait for this particular gig as the website is 'up enough' for me to start advertising the new brand.

Then there is the soft shell jacket.

And, finally, the polo shirt.

The new business cards are done too. They're white with the character on one side and the 'straight' logo on the other side (with all the contact details and such). I could take a picture if you'd like to see, but it really is as simple as I've described. I've also got a wedding fayre in January to do, so the new flyers and pop up banner are being designed right now and will hopefully be done by Chrimbo.

So now that it's in context, what do you think of the branding?

I rather like it Benny. I think it's going to divide opinions here though.

BTW I had no idea the liteconsole branding was so prominent til I saw these photos. No wonder so many people choose to signwrite or laser cut their booth! Imagine customers going looking for the liteconsole disco company... (if they even notice)