Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Top 10 ish Euro disco/pop

Default Top 10 ish Euro disco/pop

I did a staff party the other day (the notorious halloween one) and forgot that most of the people attending would be eastern european as they live on site. A lot of them wanted euro pop and I was fine, but thought about building a separate folder for this. Its a hard genre to define, I suppose its best defined as cheesy techno??

I am kind of looking for credible chart or classics, so have not added stuff like Barble Girl, Scatman, Crazy frog, but feel free if you want to as it fits the title. I want a list that will work with Romanians, Hungarians, Polish, Spanish, Germans, Latvians and the rest of the EU!!

Here is a list i have come up with, over to you:

And lastly, as its a complete p-take (sums up my description above)

Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I've only ever heard that Ylvis track at kids parties. Definitely not where I'd be playing it. Lyrically dubious and utter

Toby,

I did a party the other week and had the same but I only had 2 requests given to me and luckily, I had both of them from previous parties.

Check these out (they worked well).

Brings - Kolsche Jung

Marc Anthony - La Gozadera

Ahh Latin-pop my guilty pleasure genre.

There are of course the obvouis ones, Jennifer Lopez, Shakira, Don Omar, Pitbull

I've played this and got a good reaction:

Bordering on that cheese to classic ratio:

These ones I like, never tried them at an event though:

My current favorite duo (from Manchester) Hurts are huge in Europe but are likely not disco pop enough for your list, I went to Budapest recently and there was signs all over for them.

This one isn't very disco pop either but I remember a wedding where everybody was asking for Marc Anthony and luckily I had 3 tracks which must have all been played twice haha.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

The above was the other Marc Anthony track I had from a previous party. The booking I mentioned above didn't like this when I played it....

I was not really on about latin pop.

That Mark Anthony one is brilliant, I have tons of his and they are all good - fantastic artist IMO.

Although Latin can have its place especially with the Spanish (obviously), and some of the Ex Ottoman countries that have arabic routes, like Hungary and Bulgaria. Everyone seems to like Shakira outside of the UK. She never seems to chart with that much compared to European countries.

I was more on about the cheesy type dance music (like Inna), but stuff like las Ketchup is applicable of course. Thats more Brazilian I think?

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, appreciated as always.

If we are on about euro disco / latin pop, then this is spot on. It was on Dirty Grandpa, the film, last night and I thought of this thread. its that beat and the magic formula that makes it cheesy, very listenable, but highly unlikely to make it to top 20 in the UK, where as it makes top 5 in at least 10 European countries.

These are great thanks UK disco.

Alexandra Stan - Get Back (Official Music Video) - Saxobeat anyone??
    Follow your instincts - Perfect
    Inna - crazy Sexy - Any Inna really LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Check these out (they worked well).

Brings - Kolsche Jung
    Thanks is that with all nationalities and younger people - looks like a German football track, so perhaps also a bit guizerish?

If we were going Germans i would choose this - I quite like it actually, played its at a few international parties when it came out.

Last edited by yourdj; 22-11-2016 at 06:08 PM.

I'm going to pretend you didn't call me UK Disco... Haha somebody at a venue local to me called me DJ England by mistake a couple of weeks ago... Maybe I need a name change. DJ England does sound quite impressive though!

It's an odd one, I only ever play Marc Anthony stuff when asked as its not that lively.

I dunno why I call it latin it's not really as my favourites are Romanian. And yes literally any Inna, I have one of her albums and it's all the same... Which I like need some new stuff though Alexandra stan's new stuff is very hit or miss for me.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I'm going to pretend you didn't call me UK Disco... Haha somebody at a venue local to me called me DJ England by mistake a couple of weeks ago... Maybe I need a name change. DJ England does sound quite impressive though!

It's an odd one, I only ever play Marc Anthony stuff when asked as its not that lively.

I dunno why I call it latin it's not really as my favourites are Romanian. And yes literally any Inna, I have one of her albums and it's all the same... Which I like need some new stuff though Alexandra stan's new stuff is very hit or miss for me.
    Sorry did it in a hurry so did not check.

Play any Mark Anthony with a Spanish crowd and you will have them on tables singing along!!
    Bailando is not upbeat, but a must play track for them as they like there slower emotional stuff.
    I suppose its all that sitting about Gypsy camps back in the day as they had nothing else to do (Toby awaits a bashing).

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I suppose its all that sitting about Gypsy camps back in the day as they had nothing else to do (Toby awaits a bashing).

Here’s a plan to avoid that common scenario: If at any time you’re tempted to write 'Toby awaits a bashing’ try not writing the statement in the first place. Courting a ‘bashing’ is neither clever nor amusing.