Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mounting scanners upside down

Default Mounting scanners upside down

I've just started mounting my new barrel scanners onto my T-Bar and I can't say I've ever noticed somebody mounting a scanner this way!
    The instructions nowhere say that you shouldn't do it, they do show pictures of them installed the "correct way" there is still good coverage and they'd be much easier for wiring. I'm currently thinking perhaps I shouldn't risk it incase this messes with airflow.

Has anybody else mounted them "upside down"?

I have to mention as well, these are Chauvet Intimidator 305IRC barrel scanners and the specs say "Gobos... interchangeable slot n lock" but there is no instructions on how to change them and no obvouis way to do so... likely I'll need to unscrew the front panel... oh but "DO NOT open this product. It contains no user-servicable parts." Haha! I've emailed Chauvet and will be interested to know what their answer is.

Name:  scanner.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  34.7 KB

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

The user manual says it can be mounted in any position but to allow for adequate ventilation & movement of the yoke & head in any direction.

As for gobo replacement... Looks like removing the front panel is the only way....

Very interesting. I'll have a look at mine over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    The user manual says it can be mounted in any position but to allow for adequate ventilation & movement of the yoke & head in any direction.

As for gobo replacement... Looks like removing the front panel is the only way....
    Thanks Justin, I've literally just read the manual completely through to find that snippit you quoted and couldn't.
    Then I looked online - the pdf is 27 pages long and my printed version is 11... Guess what, nearly double the info in the PDF compared to the printed version.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    Thanks Justin, I've literally just read the manual completely through to find that snippit you quoted and couldn't.
    Then I looked online - the pdf is 27 pages long and my printed version is 11... Guess what, nearly double the info in the PDF compared to the printed version.
    I encountered this recently. I bought an ADJ Micro Galaxian 2 laser for a bargain price. In the box was this little led-looking device with a 3.5in jack on the end. I figured it was to plug in to a phone and, thought, that it might be a transmitter for soun2light. The printed manual didn't mention it anywhere. However, the online manual had an extra paragraph and, apparently, it's to turn in iOS device in to a controller for it. I've not got anything iOS so that's no good for me, though. Still, I didn't buy it for that so no love lost!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

I've just started mounting my new barrel scanners onto my T-Bar and I can't say I've ever noticed somebody mounting a scanner this way!
    The instructions nowhere say that you shouldn't do it, they do show pictures of them installed the "correct way" there is still good coverage and they'd be much easier for wiring. I'm currently thinking perhaps I shouldn't risk it incase this messes with airflow.

Has anybody else mounted them "upside down"?

I have to mention as well, these are Chauvet Intimidator 305IRC barrel scanners and the specs say "Gobos... interchangeable slot n lock" but there is no instructions on how to change them and no obvouis way to do so... likely I'll need to unscrew the front panel... oh but "DO NOT open this product. It contains no user-servicable parts." Haha! I've emailed Chauvet and will be interested to know what their answer is.

Name:  scanner.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  34.7 KB
    I have 4 off these perhaps i am wrong but never knew you could change the gobos with the slot n lock method nothing is mentioned in the instructions were did you read that they were interchangeable ,you can hang them both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    I have 4 off these perhaps i am wrong but never knew you could change the gobos with the slot n lock method nothing is mentioned in the instructions were did you read that they were interchangeable ,you can hang them both ways.
    Oooooh....I too have a brace of these. I wasn't aware you could change the gobos either. Just out of curiosity....what size gobos are they?

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I encountered this recently. I bought an ADJ Micro Galaxian 2 laser for a bargain price. In the box was this little led-looking device with a 3.5in jack on the end. I figured it was to plug in to a phone and, thought, that it might be a transmitter for soun2light. The printed manual didn't mention it anywhere. However, the online manual had an extra paragraph and, apparently, it's to turn in iOS device in to a controller for it. I've not got anything iOS so that's no good for me, though. Still, I didn't buy it for that so no love lost!
    Keep your receipt - mine lasted about a month, changed it, got maybe 2 months out of it, then got a refund - used it 18 times and would expect a lot longer than that.
    Bought another in a different guise and the same happened. In fact all of these cheap cluster lasers seem to have similar lifespans.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Oooooh....I too have a brace of these. I wasn't aware you could change the gobos either. Just out of curiosity....what size gobos are they?
    Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    On the website, one of the main reasons for me getting them as I want a gobo with stars and a gobo with a heart(s) neither of which are included.

https://www.chauvetdj.com/products/i...arrel-305-irc/

Gobos: 7 + open (5 metal + 2 glass), rotating, interchangeable, slot-n-lock, continuous scroll at variable speeds
    Gobo Size: 23.9mm outside, 20.5 mm image, 1 mm max thickness

Quite impressed the 4 or 5 beams it spits out are all brighter than the one beam on my xmoves and a very similar size at the same distance so I can still do spot lighting with a little more tweaking.

On the website, one of the main reasons for me getting them as I want a gobo with stars and a gobo with a heart(s) neither of which are included.

https://www.chauvetdj.com/products/i...arrel-305-irc/

Gobos: 7 + open (5 metal + 2 glass), rotating, interchangeable, slot-n-lock, continuous scroll at variable speeds
    Gobo Size: 23.9mm outside, 20.5 mm image, 1 mm max thickness

Quite impressed the 4 or 5 beams it spits out are all brighter than the one beam on my xmoves and a very similar size at the same distance so I can still do spot lighting with a little more tweaking.
    Yes it does say this,but when you look at instructions not a mention very strange,i would contact chauvet for a explanation.