Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mounting scanners upside down

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    Quite impressed the 4 or 5 beams it spits out are all brighter than the one beam on my xmoves and a very similar size at the same distance so I can still do spot lighting with a little more tweaking.
    Ah, I encountered that dilemma recently too. Having been extremely partial to my X-Moves since I got them when they first appeared on the scene, they are now looking a poor relation to the 305 scanners & barrels that I now have.

Do I spend my hard earned Christmas cash early in the New Year and get some of these instead and have the complete set?

Chauvet Intimidator Spot 255's

The think I like about the X Moves is their controllability with a CA-8 controller.

If they can be slaved to the barrels and move in a similar way that would look great.

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    Yes it does say this,but when you look at instructions not a mention very strange,i would contact chauvet for a explanation.
    I've got a response now. They're fairly quick to respond... this individual doesn't fill me with confidence though:

Hello,
    I've just purchased a pair of Chauvet intimidator 305IRC barrel effects and want to change the gobos. The instructions don't tell me how to and say don't open the unit?
    Thanks,

Hi David,
    Are you looking to change individual Gobo’s to replace them with customer Gobo’s?

Yes I would like to buy some custom gobos to swap with the ones that are currently installed. I have the sizes from your website, I would like to check as the instructions say "DO NOT open" but surely I need to open it to change the gobos?

Despite it saying do not open, feel free to open the fixture up to change the Gobo’s to some custom Gobo’s.
    The Gobos that are already in there should be relatively easy to change.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I've got a response now. They're fairly quick to respond... this individual doesn't fill me with confidence though:

Hello,
    I've just purchased a pair of Chauvet intimidator 305IRC barrel effects and want to change the gobos. The instructions don't tell me how to and say don't open the unit?
    Thanks,

Hi David,
    Are you looking to change individual Gobo’s to replace them with customer Gobo’s?

Yes I would like to buy some custom gobos to swap with the ones that are currently installed. I have the sizes from your website, I would like to check as the instructions say "DO NOT open" but surely I need to open it to change the gobos?

Despite it saying do not open, feel free to open the fixture up to change the Gobo’s to some custom Gobo’s.
    The Gobos that are already in there should be relatively easy to change.
    That is such a rubbish response. He clearly has absolutely no idea and is just giving it his best guess. And yet Chauvet appear to have employed him and let him loose with no product training whatsoever. What is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    That is such a rubbish response. He clearly has absolutely no idea and is just giving it his best guess. And yet Chauvet appear to have employed him and let him loose with no product training whatsoever. What is the point?
    I know, considering there is no instructions for this you'd have at least thought they'd explain how to remove the gobo once you've figured out which screws open it up.

Their website is awful, I do wonder about chauvet, good products though hmmm.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

I know! Come on Chauvet. SHOULD BE ?

I have been a Chauvet stockist for many years and although the literature mentions they are removable i think they have messed up,on other products it gives clear instructions how to slide back the cover and change the gobo very simple just takes a few seconds,as far as i am aware this feature has never been available on the fixtures in question although you could do it if tempted .

If they can be slaved to the barrels and move in a similar way that would look great.
    Yes they can, so that's what's pushing me towards them in the new year. Need a Black Friday in February though!!

Not had my Scanners or Barrels out yet, so can't comment on the Gobo replacement. I'll try and get hold of the Chauvet rep up here and ask him.

If they're out (or nearly out) of warranty, there's no harm opening the front to at least assess the situation. My guess is the guts will be very similar to, if not the same as the mover in the same series which should mean you can easily change the gobos yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    If they're out (or nearly out) of warranty, there's no harm opening the front to at least assess the situation. My guess is the guts will be very similar to, if not the same as the mover in the same series which should mean you can easily change the gobos yourself.
    The original poster has just bought these so unlikely to be out of warranty , the range with changeable gobos do not need any tools and can be done very quickly were as these you will have to undo the screws and remove the cover not ideal especially when the manufacturer has said it is a simple job just like the range that has this option.