Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Maui 28 G2

Default Maui 28 G2

LD Sustems has announced the updated version of the Maui 28 called the G2.

Looks good, lighter and more powerful with much higher SPL. I like the fact there are no poles or leads to the tops.

Dangerously close to the Evox 8 and CS1000 in prices but quite an improvement on the original.

http://www.ld-systems.com/en/series/...aqile69gdon3s4

Looks very good I would think the Evox8 would be very slightly better but then a pair will set you back about £800 more so this looks a good buy to me.

i own a pair of these, they are very very good,

Get a lot of comments on them about the look and sound of them.

i can understand the look comments as they do look amazing as speakers go. but sound wise my RCF HD12s are a much better sound but don't get comments.

Compared to the Evox 8 they aren't quite as loud, (although i've never done a side by side.) they aren't as portable as the evox but they do look better.
    North East Wedding DJ - www.stevenmaddison.co.uk - TWIA Regional Finalist 2019 & 2020 - The Wedding Business Awards Wedding DJ of the year (North East Region)

Update on these,

Probably my new favourite speaker, i'll explain why:
    Best way to wire them is out of mixer both L + R to one speaker (SP1) then use the out to (SP2)
    then what i do is hook up one of my backup players via bluetooth (an android smartphone loaded with tunes and DJ app) to SP1 and set the appropriate level.

so if i ever have to restart my VMS5 i just press play on my phone and it plays out of both speakers while i shut it down etc. Also very handy for end of the night as you can be packing your laptop etc away while the music goes on.

Saturday night the venue clearly had a ground loop problem as my backups suffered horribly when plugged in via the mixer. This is avoided when playing via bluetooth.
    North East Wedding DJ - www.stevenmaddison.co.uk - TWIA Regional Finalist 2019 & 2020 - The Wedding Business Awards Wedding DJ of the year (North East Region)