Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Website

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Default New Website

I've hired a copywriter to add content to my website, so it's still in the process of being completed, but I was hoping to get some feedback on the overall 'feel' and 'look' of the website, if you would be so kind.

www.bennysmyth.co.uk

The copy that's on there right now is the stuff that I've written that may or may not be overruled by my copywriter.

Thats better , like it

Cheers

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Overall, I think it's very good, and has the right feel.
    Only thing I'm unsure of ( and I'll be amazed if I haven't done it myself ) is writing in the third person. Reads like a CV to me, too impersonal, and I'm sure that's the opposite effect to what you were aiming for.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Looking at the front page thats been added to my 'good website' folder so you are doing something right.

Is the cleavage shot on the 3rd slide intentional . Did you take them? love the photos, very nice indeed for the purpose!!! I have found the no flash ISO type arty thing very good for my funky DJ business (Phat Events). Grainy Raw file would be even better but cant be arsed with the file sizes LOL. Nice not to have a flash as it saves a fortune in batteries and weight on the camera

Will have a proper delve on Monday Out with d-family tomorrow, although its secretly a refit/maintainance of a restaurant sound system, while Ania and the baby go shopping. Pays for lunch.
    Last edited by yourdj; 10-12-2016 at 11:58 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I like the site layout, but (my opinion) there is nothing personal about it and doesn't show your passion. The main reason, as already mentioned, is the third person writing. To be blunt, it doesn't cost much to get someone to do a good website, but you can spot ones that have had no DJ input - and I think customers also spot this, and doesn't make people warm to YOU.

I can see the point for see purposes, as you company name is you name, but think it would read better if it was you writing about you.

As a side subject - have you used web nation for a while and if so how did the site rank in google ? I am looking to get a new site designed, but have heard of people using web nation to find the site doesn't rank well which is a major concern of mine - my site is poor but has excellent rankings.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Looks good on mobile but yeah it's very unpersonal.

Put yourself in the clients shoes - do you want to book a dj with a website that sounds like they cant be bothered engaging with you or one that feels like the dj is talking to you personally....

It's not my cup of tea mainly due to black background, but it looks good. I'm only on the mobile version and this is what I noticed:

Your logo isn't centered. May be intentional for desktop but I thought it looked odd.

The photos are nice but some don't seem to have a purpose. Lovely image of b&g with your lights, people dancing isn't of my interest personally more than one doesn't add value IMO. 3rd image as Toby mentioned has a focal point which I personally wouldn't use because of that. Also I personally hate the use of very personal photos of people, the types a photographer would use on their website.

More personal as mentioned... Something to click on or go further with. I went on the homepage, read a line or two, looked at photos then was a bit like.. I want more! But there is no more? Well I clicked on wedding dj in the menu but it felt out of my way and no content yet anyway.

Oh also I cannot read the bits that go over the photos on mobile (unless I really try)

It's got a nice modern, clean and professional look to it though

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    As a side subject - have you used web nation for a while and if so how did the site rank in google ? I am looking to get a new site designed, but have heard of people using web nation to find the site doesn't rank well which is a major concern of mine - my site is poor but has excellent rankings.
    SEO itself is a separate service, so you'd need to be paying separately to rank well.

However, it does depend what editing tools Web Nation provide - it's not a Wordpress based website, so not sure what control you have over various elements of the website.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    SEO itself is a separate service, so you'd need to be paying separately to rank well.

However, it does depend what editing tools Web Nation provide - it's not a Wordpress based website, so not sure what control you have over various elements of the website.
    This is one of the niggly things putting me off getting a new site. I paid £75 for mine, it ranks excellently, brings in a far bit work, in fact does what I want, just it is so outdated
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    This is one of the niggly things putting me off getting a new site. I paid £75 for mine, it ranks excellently, brings in a far bit work, in fact does what I want, just it is so outdated
    In a nutshell, it's the content on your website and inbound links that are creating the good ranking.

Your site is based on Wordpress, so to replace your theme with a new one shouldn't affect your Google ranking.

Out of interest, what is it ranking well for, as I can't find it under any local searches to you?