Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Website

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    In a nutshell, it's the content on your website and inbound links that are creating the good ranking.

Your site is based on Wordpress, so to replace your theme with a new one shouldn't affect your Google ranking.

Out of interest, what is it ranking well for, as I can't find it under any local searches to you?
    Hmm what searches are you using.

wedding dj north east/ county durham / northumberland or most local venues I am on page one when searching ?

It isn't a wordpress site, it is an age old cms system
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Hmm what searches are you using.

wedding dj north east/ county durham / northumberland or most local venues I am on page one when searching ?

It isn't a wordpress site, it is an age old cms system
    Don't forget if you're searching on your own machine, Google is going to present your own site to you, because you've been on it so many times before.

Search results are different on different machines - so might be worth testing on a friend/family member's pc to see what they get.

I'm assuming your site is http://www.ppentertainments.co.uk?

If so, it very much looks like Wordpress: http://www.ppentertainments.co.uk/wp-login.php

Don't forget if you're searching on your own machine, Google is going to present your own site to you, because you've been on it so many times before.

Search results are different on different machines - so might be worth testing on a friend/family member's pc to see what they get.

If so, it very much looks like Wordpress: http://www.ppentertainments.co.uk/wp-login.php
    I've just done searches for "wedding Dj North east" "Mobile dj Chester le Street" and "dj hire Northumberland" and I'm not seeing ppentertainments either.
    I'm now not trusting my own disco search results!

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    I've just done searches for "wedding Dj North east" "Mobile dj Chester le Street" and "dj hire Northumberland" and I'm not seeing ppentertainments either.
    I'm now not trusting my own disco search results!
    Turns out that there is a second site, and http://www.premierweddingdj.co.uk/ does do quite well in Google

Turns out that there is a second site, and http://www.premierweddingdj.co.uk/ does do quite well in Google
    Can you find musicology if you look for a norfolk dj?

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    Can you find musicology if you look for a norfolk dj?
    Yes, bottom of page 1

Yes, bottom of page 1
    Cheers. Put my mind at rest!

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Thanks for your thoughts all. I've purposely waited a few days before responding to see what the general consensus is.

The reason that the copy that's on there at the moment is in the third person is actually for two reasons. Firstly, I'm not a fan of the "My name is Dave of Dave Double Decks, and I am X, I can do Y and bring you Z" style. I understand why folk do it, but it really grates against me. Secondly, I believe that the best form of advertising is to have other people talk about you and that's kinda the feel that I am aiming for - that it is someone else singing my praises. Like I say though, my copy writer is on the case with coming up with some content and if they over rule me, then so be it.

I'll look to change the third image in the slider. I'll be honest and tell you that I actually didn't notice the thing that Toby and David highlighted (minus ten man points for me) as I saw the folk dancing. Clearly it's because I am a true gentleman and don't notice such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts all. I've purposely waited a few days before responding to see what the general consensus is.

The reason that the copy that's on there at the moment is in the third person is actually for two reasons. Firstly, I'm not a fan of the "My name is Dave of Dave Double Decks, and I am X, I can do Y and bring you Z" style. I understand why folk do it, but it really grates against me. Secondly, I believe that the best form of advertising is to have other people talk about you and that's kinda the feel that I am aiming for - that it is someone else singing my praises. Like I say though, my copy writer is on the case with coming up with some content and if they over rule me, then so be it.

I'll look to change the third image in the slider. I'll be honest and tell you that I actually didn't notice the thing that Toby and David highlighted (minus ten man points for me) as I saw the folk dancing. Clearly it's because I am a true gentleman and don't notice such things.
    Each to their own and if our sites were all the same life would be dull but being in the middle of doing my own wedding planning ( I say middle, it's just around the corner!!!) I've been keeping tabs on what has drawn me to certain suppliers and what has put me off.

My main findings:

A good looking website is key

Someone who only operates via facebook or has a [email protected] address won't be seeing any of my money

A personal website (i.e. one that sounds like the person is speaking to you - not using the 3rd person) is also quite compelling...

As a somewhat pertinent aside - however many awards you've got or nominations received, I don't really care to be honest.

So there you have it from the horses mouth or the donkeys back end

Ahh, my wedding website is www.premierweddingdj.co.uk and that is my main site.

My PP Entertainments one has never ranked, even before I had Wordpress for it, never really looked into it much either lol
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk