Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: What booth

Default What booth

Right then.....I'm looking for a new booth next year.

I know I've posted this before and ended up with my current setup...but it's starting to look tired.

My main rig uses the Gorilla ripoff of the Equinox booth. It does it's job, but it's starting to show signs of wear and tear (plus it's bowing like hell in the middle of the shelves now). Not only that, every Tom, Dick and Sidney is rocking up with those things now.

I've been surfing t'interwibble this evening and I think I've come up with something I actually like (no....not an XPRS....they're getting common as well. It's not a GloBooth either....although I actually liked that concept if they'd have made it 4ft wide).

Anyone had any dealings with DJStandz at all?

I quite like the look of this:

http://www.djstandz.com/home/product...-matrix-booth/

Not sure if I'd go for the whole shooting match or just the screen to be honest (I've already got a Trojan folding table I use for the retro rig which can be up in under 30 seconds....the one that comes with the DJStands booth seems to be a bit of a faff to put up looking at their video and I'm going more and more for the quick and easy setup....every second counts in my book ).

My only real concern is that it's a bit like the four panel screens (which I also have in my store) which fall over at the drop of a hat or when a drunken person leans over them (although I have ways of engineering struts which will fix it to the front of the Trojan and the moving head corner shelves look like they'd provide a little rigidity as well).

Thoughts ladies and gents?

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

There is the new version of the LiteConsole called the Elite which was at BPM. T'is very pricey, but looks different enough to the XPRS. I checked out DJ Standz a few years back before I got the LiteConsole and it just didn't sit right with me.

The Opti stands look better now. I was very critical of its finish (particularly the welding) but I saw another DJ use one a few months back and it's looking much tidier.

I agree about the LiteConsole being common now. Too common, in fact. The amount of times I've seen the LiteConsole and plinths combination is making me hate my setup at the moment and as soon as I can work out what to do to be different again, I'll be on it. I wanna get off this train 'cos it's getting a bit crowded now.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Right then.....I'm looking for a new booth next year.

I know I've posted this before and ended up with my current setup...but it's starting to look tired.

My main rig uses the Gorilla ripoff of the Equinox booth. It does it's job, but it's starting to show signs of wear and tear (plus it's bowing like hell in the middle of the shelves now). Not only that, every Tom, Dick and Sidney is rocking up with those things now.

I've been surfing t'interwibble this evening and I think I've come up with something I actually like (no....not an XPRS....they're getting common as well. It's not a GloBooth either....although I actually liked that concept if they'd have made it 4ft wide).

Anyone had any dealings with DJStandz at all?

I quite like the look of this:

http://www.djstandz.com/home/product...-matrix-booth/

Not sure if I'd go for the whole shooting match or just the screen to be honest (I've already got a Trojan folding table I use for the retro rig which can be up in under 30 seconds....the one that comes with the DJStands booth seems to be a bit of a faff to put up looking at their video and I'm going more and more for the quick and easy setup....every second counts in my book ).

My only real concern is that it's a bit like the four panel screens (which I also have in my store) which fall over at the drop of a hat or when a drunken person leans over them (although I have ways of engineering struts which will fix it to the front of the Trojan and the moving head corner shelves look like they'd provide a little rigidity as well).

Thoughts ladies and gents?
    I use the djstandz front screen it is really well made but it is heavy,if you go to my website www.tonyjamesdisco.co.uk there is some pics on there.

I've still got a Tom Carter booth available in the For Sale section.

OK - I bit the bullet and spent some money at 12:20am on Xmas morning (DJ Kit had an offer on).

I'm now the proud owner of a LiteConsole Elite

(I did have a look at the Tom Carter booth you're selling Martin but it seemed a little bit too exposed for my liking if that makes sense? I like a little bit of cover to hide behind and that one's just too open).

I've got to say - I LOVE this LiteConsole. It goes up in under 30 seconds!!!!!! (and it's a solid as a rock too).

I just need to engineer a way to get a couple of poles onto the back of the thing for the Intimidator 305's and I'm a very happy bunny with my setup now

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Welcome to the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Welcome to the dark side.
    ... Surely it's the lite side?...

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    ... Surely it's the lite side?...
    At a shade under 30kg, it's hardly light!