Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Speeding up the dreaded setup take down process

Threaded View

If you can fit everything into the ssx case then go for it. At the end of the night I uplug the xlrs, roll up the adapter and USB, put the lid on and that's the playout done - it takes literally about 10 seconds...

Incrimental gains is what I was getting at earlier on when talking about the actual setting up process itself. I can't really tell from your video but do you have a system of where everything is during set up? It looks like you're having to go to a big pile of gear on the left then back to the rig a lot...

I put my lights at the front of my console because they get attached from the front, power cables, laptop bag etc... at the back because they get done from the back and the speakers plonked down either side before I get set it up - it means depending on what part of the rig I'm doing - all the gear I need is exactly where i need it to be and within arms reach. That cuts down a lot of time too.

EDIT:

You can kind of see my rig there - My movers now clamp directly onto the side uprights of the lite constole but that's pretty much it:

Dual HK Nano 600s
    Denon mc 6000
    line 6 wireless mic
    2 macbooks pros (both running vdj and my dmx)
    2 jelly domes
    2 adj inno pocket washes
    An adj mega bar

Apart from the lighting rig - ours doesn't appear entirely different (my lights probably take longer to set up than yours actually) and I can have all of that rigged, dmx'd, sound checked and myself changed into performing gear in under half an hour because of how I go about setting it up.
    Last edited by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ; 22-12-2016 at 03:05 PM.