Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Speeding up the dreaded setup take down process

I was a little cramped and had to slide the laptop shelf of my FX section but you can hopefully understand why it's 33kg (without laptops) wireless mic receiver is under the controller along with some cables. took a little while to make all the foam fittings to keep it all in place

Name:  dddddddddddd.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  54.9 KB
    Name:  DSC_1524.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  51.5 KB

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I was a little cramped and had to slide the laptop shelf of my FX section but you can hopefully understand why it's 33kg (without laptops) wireless mic receiver is under the controller along with some cables. took a little while to make all the foam fittings to keep it all in place
    I'm using a Denon MC6000 so more compact and much lighter, can still get 2 MBP's on the shelf though.
    I'm looking at saving weight as well as set-up time, I'm all for an easy life these days.

Probably a bit late on this but I use a separate utility case for the electrics and mixer, although thats not very heavy either.
    Mine probably weight in at about 10kg?? case holds the following:

- 6 socket extension,
    - mackie mixer
    - Cue-T lighting box
    - router for lighting
    - all audio/power cables for playout, lighting control and mics.
    - The mics/mic box goes in the mixer case.

Name:  decks copy.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  48.9 KB
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

That set up looks terrifyingly fragile to me. I much prefer a solid booth with sides and a stable shelf for my peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    That set up looks terrifyingly fragile to me. I much prefer a solid booth with sides and a stable shelf for my peace of mind.
    Not at all its as solid as a rock.

Only a couple of times (in 9 years) i have had a rowdy crowd / not enough space for the guests and put a chair between the screen and sub. Only the laptop is a bit rickety with the Uberstand, but I have a UDG one now, so thats pretty stable too and at least a metre from any guests. The best thing about this setup is there is no storage cases or any other flight cases, as everything other than the speaker bags are being used.

You can kind of see the distance here. about 1 meter, but i have a second screen if needed to create further space.

Name:  IMG_0415 copy.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  48.7 KB

On the booth note, a lot of the booths I have seen have the laptop precariously close to the punters as they can just lean over and shut it or spill a drink on it (like the below) but I can see the allure of a stainless Lite Console as that is nice and rigid you can hurl a 20 stone man at it and it should stay intact! Mind you my flight case and sub is very sturdy as they weigh about 40K at least, but those screen are pretty crap if you have some serious weight thrown against it. Thats why they cost £100 vs £800.

Name:  HTB1uxQoKFXXXXXBXVXXq6xXFXXXK.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  68.7 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 10-01-2017 at 05:32 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Not at all its as solid as a rock.

Only a couple of times (in 9 years) i have had a rowdy crowd / not enough space for the guests and put a chair between the screen and sub. Only the laptop is a bit rickety with the Uberstand, but I have a UDG one now, so thats pretty stable too and at least a metre from any guests. The best thing about this setup is there is no storage cases or any other flight cases, as everything other than the speaker bags are being used.

You can kind of see the distance here. about 1 meter, but i have a second screen if needed to create further space.

Name:  IMG_0415 copy.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  48.7 KB

On the booth note, a lot of the booths I have seen have the laptop precariously close to the punters as they can just lean over and shut it or spill a drink on it (like the below) but I can see the allure of a stainless Lite Console as that is nice and rigid you can hurl a 20 stone man at it and it should stay intact! Mind you my flight case and sub is very sturdy as they weigh about 40K at least, but those screen are pretty crap if you have some serious weight thrown against it. Thats why they cost £100 vs £800.

Name:  HTB1uxQoKFXXXXXBXVXXq6xXFXXXK.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  68.7 KB
    I don't use the top shelf of my liteconsole but I run two macs which are placed one in front of the other on the left of my shelf - the rear one sits on a case so is at the rear and within grabbing distance - I've never actually had anyone grab it.

The other side of the shelf that is full of wires and electrocutey things sometimes appears like an ideal place for someone to try and place a drink