Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Advice

Quote Originally Posted by mbp View Post
    pe7e,
    Where did you buy from and how much where they?
    I got 1 from http://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and-...OB-System/1BZT Price £295 (only 1 left) and the second one from Absolute Music for £260 (brand new but open box) I did find other dealers with them in stock using Google search, but I can't remember their names.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Is that the MKI version??

Is that the MKI version??
    Yes it's the Mk1, the MK2 version only have 3 pedals on the foot controller and are cheaper (around £245)
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    Yes it's the Mk1, the MK2 version only have 3 pedals on the foot controller and are cheaper (around £245)
    Which makes the compact Stairville one a strong competitor. It doesn't appear to have been downrated yet. When I got my second full sized one, I ought to have got a compact.

I agree totally about the tripods and tripod bags, they're not of the finest quality, but the main units and cases have been reliable and robust.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I don't think the Stairvill has an unswitched on it???

I don't think the Stairvill has an unswitched on it???
    If you mean a 240v power out socket, as I said earlier, the compact has one, the full size doesn't. Whether this means the Compact is a totally different animal, I don't know. I've had no experience of the compact, but can vouch for the full size one.

However, as is usually the case, there have been changes. As Pe7e says, the Mk1 Gigabar is far better than the Mk2. So it is with the Stairville. My original one, bought many years ago, had far better software programs, particularly in sound to light. This is by no means unusual, and there are many threads on here with problems arising from model changes, usually when the spare part bought for the old unit doesn't work because it's updated.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk