Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advice

Quote Originally Posted by mbp View Post
    Can anyone recommend a set of led par cans for back lighting?.....like the Power Partybar for example
    Par cans? ADJ Mega Profile Plus, or whatever they're calling them this week. Older models ( RGB ) don't work with newer five or six channel ones ( or however many they now have )

Bars? In my humble opinion, as long as it has tri/quad leds ( the big single ones ) and not hundreds of little ones, the name on the bar isn't as vital as it used to be. They all seem to be fairly fit for purpose.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

If I'd been asked a year or so ago I would have gone for the Stairville tri led par bar from Thomanns but since the fall of the £ I think the Equinox GigaBar (not Gigbar) represents the best value. You can get them for £287 at the moment from Gear4Music which IMO is a great price
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

I think pricing right seems to be the key in this area.
    Pricing certainly is key if you talk to other DJs about the subject.

Talk to brides, grooms etc and it becomes less of an issue, especially the closer they get to making a decision
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    If I'd been asked a year or so ago I would have gone for the Stairville tri led par bar from Thomanns but since the fall of the £ I think the Equinox GigaBar (not Gigbar) represents the best value. You can get them for £287 at the moment from Gear4Music which IMO is a great price
    Nah they're on the mk2 now which isn't a patch on the original. Still the same IEC outputs, but now UNSWITCHED. Oh & you can't turn it upside down to mount more on it. Oh & there are only predefined mounting positions for extra fixtures not slots.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Nah they're on the mk2 now which isn't a patch on the original. Still the same IEC outputs, but now UNSWITCHED. Oh & you can't turn it upside down to mount more on it. Oh & there are only predefined mounting positions for extra fixtures not slots.
    I've missed that, the last couple I bought must be Mk1.5's they have a slightly different head arrangements regarding the wiring to the bar and a better tripods, but still retain the switched outputs and the channels that allow flexible positioning of additional fixtures. I'll have to watch out for that if I buy some more, which was certainly on the cards.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Looks like I'm going with the Equinox Gigabar.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    Looks like I'm going with the Equinox Gigabar.....
    Well, even though I said Thomann's offerings are not as attractively priced as they once were, full size £250 although no 240v link, and the compact version £260, with the 240v link.
    I run the first one, and while it's not as good as earlier models, it's fine. Compact one, I don't know.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Ahem....

Linky Linky

I own a pair of these and wouldn't be without them. THEY JUST WORK! (in fact, I have to turn them down in DMX...they're like looking into the doors of Hades if you look into the beams!)

I've done parties of 300 bodies with a pair of these things...bang for buck they're worth every single penny

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Well, even though I said Thomann's offerings are not as attractively priced as they once were, full size £250 although no 240v link, and the compact version £260, with the 240v link.
    I run the first one, and while it's not as good as earlier models, it's fine. Compact one, I don't know.
    I do like the Stairville bars, and the ones I purchased (after your recommendation) have, and continue to give good reliable, trouble free service (apart from the poor quality tripods) however, the original GigaBar beats them hands down in build quality and flexibility, the IR remote gives you a great deal of control without needing to resort to DMX, personally I love them. As Juski pointed out earlier in this thread the Mk2 version lacks a lot of the functionally of the original model, and despite them being cheaper, they're nowhere near as good, needless to say, I won't be buying any of Mk2 version. Thankfully the Mk1's can still be found if you search for them, I've bought two more in recent days while they are still available.

Disco 4 Hire

pe7e,
    Where did you buy from and how much where they?