Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A huge step forward in the image of Mobile DJs.

Default A huge step forward in the image of Mobile DJs.

We're all long inured to TV portraying us Mobile DJs at any event as having the Wheels of Steel, a set of traffic lights, and a crate of 7" singles. It's been seen on Corrie and Eastenders more than once, but Hallelujah Brethren, they have seen the light!

Casualty on NYE had a party, and guess what their DJ was using? Some sort of controller with hundreds of buttons, and a pair of Quadphases or something. Yippee, we're educating them lads, and the music was even totally up to date.

Something or other by T Rex. Ah well, one step forward, one back.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Something or other by T Rex. Ah well, one step forward, one back.
    And the problem with T Rex would be????? (he was actually No 1 in the hit parade when I was hatched many moons ago!).

My wedding coming up on Saturday contains an awful lot of Rock 'n' Roll (Elvis, Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, Big Bobber et al)....unfortunately there's also quite a bit of country music in there as well. Can you guess what I'm doing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    unfortunately there's also quite a bit of country music in there as well.
    What's wrong with Country Music?
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Quote Originally Posted by SC Events View Post
    What's wrong with Country Music?
    Nothing per-se. I actually enjoy quite a bit of it......(well, the stuff which doesn't involve Red Sovine and young "teddy bear" dying )

However.....

The venue a couple of weeks ago told me that the happy couple and their guests live in houses on wheels!. Now from all the evidence I've gathered (and I grew up with a fair few of this community..quite literally!), it'll be hard work but I should be OK personally and gear-wise (although that's all insured). I've actually met the bride and groom and they seem to be a really nice couple.

That said, I'm losing an awful lot of sleep over this one (literally....I'm completely shattered worrying about what may or may not happen...I'm fretting so much I'm not sleeping any more than a couple of hours a night at the moment because I've also heard of the horror stories from these weddings).

Roll on this time next week when it's all over

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    And the problem with T Rex would be?????
    Well since you ask, my apprehensive little friend, the problem would be that despite bringing the kit bang up to date, there's still a preconception that we all play our sets from the same forty nine tried and tested tracks. Why not something from the charts? ( Actually, I can think of many reasons why not, but hey ho )

Wayne, I have to exhort you to stop living in the past. Let us drag you kicking and screaming into the present day, where in truth there's some excellent music.

Hang on lads, must go, Jeanette's told me to come and watch a squadron of Gloucester Old Spots looping the loop outside.

I nearly fainted when I saw the wedding disco on Eastenders last night (no I don't watch it, I was setting the PVR for Sherlock).

Aside from it being in a venue I know well (last time I was there we decked out the stairs with LED candles among other things (see below)), there was a white starlit dancefloor, white booth & truss podiums (in lycra socks) with moving heads & Sphereions / Stratospheres on them.

Name:  Brockett stairs.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  52.7 KB
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

One thing I keep being schooled in is that no matter how tried & tested tracks are there's always a gig which shows you precisely how wrong all your assumptions are.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    I nearly fainted when I saw the wedding disco on Eastenders last night (no I don't watch it, I was setting the PVR for Sherlock).
    Mayhap. And I'm the Queen of Sheba.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Aside from it being in a venue I know well last time I was there in lycra socks
    Is that a Steampunk thing? I had you down more as a woollen man.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I had you down more as a woollen man.
    The truss on Eastenders was in lycra, not me! I haven't worn any since proving I wasn't a Scotsman.

Name:  Kilt.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  37.1 KB
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

The DJ on married at first sight seemed to have a nice enough setup from what I remember... Maybe because he wasn't an actor or in some story he was actually a wedding DJ.

That being said there are still plenty of DJs today that use "interesting" setups with quite tired looking equipment. So maybe the soaps choice of DJ is more accurate than we think!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD