Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Promo Only or CD Pool

Default Promo Only or CD Pool

As a 'returnee' to the biz, just wondered which of the two above music suppliers fellow DJ's prefer??....

Promo Only. The only issue with them I've found since signing up is that tunes that are suddenly in demand might have neen released months ago - eg before you signed up.

I've changed from CD Pool to Promo only in December as the costs of CD pool was over twice as much for a what looks to be similar service.

I was with CD Pool for over 8 years so time will tell if Promo only is the way forward but so far no complaints.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Thanks guys, it was just that I had a three month discount offer after re-newing my AMPdj for cd pool and wondered if it was worth signing with them.

Quote Originally Posted by mbp View Post
    Thanks guys, it was just that I had a three month discount offer after re-newing my AMPdj for cd pool and wondered if it was worth signing with them.
    If you've got a discount offer then no harm in giving it a try
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

True.......it's a non-commitment anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    I've changed from CD Pool to Promo only in December as the costs of CD pool was over twice as much for a what looks to be similar service.

I was with CD Pool for over 8 years so time will tell if Promo only is the way forward but so far no complaints.
    Interesting. I upgraded to the full CD Pool offering after many years with Sixpack. Incentive for me was a half price deal as well.
    I await your findings eagerly Paul, we'll see what you think in a month or two.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Interesting. I upgraded to the full CD Pool offering after many years with Sixpack. Incentive for me was a half price deal as well.
    I await your findings eagerly Paul, we'll see what you think in a month or two.
    I've been with CDPool for a couple of years, and as you'll know from me speaking to them at BPM last year Peter, I was getting a little fed up with them (not least of all because they changed from the nice little plastic wallets to the cardboard ones ). But....I was noticing that they were missing some of the bigger tunes on the releases as well. That, and there was no sizeable discount for NOT having the CDs (which I don't use) delivered and being download only (think he said it made something like £2 a month difference).

I made the switch to Promo only at the start of December...a third of the price, more music and no problems to report yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    . But....I was noticing that they were missing some of the bigger tunes on the releases as well.

I made the switch to Promo only at the start of December...a third of the price, more music and no problems to report yet.
    I have noticed quite a few " Top ups " coming through, which looks like an attempt to correct ones they missed.
    That looks like two votes for promo only. I have no significant gripes with CD Pool, just a minor niggle about having to take a Dance CD to get the two Radio ones I want. I don't think I've yet played one of these tracks.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

I find Promo Only better just for the convenience.

I received poor customer service from CD Pool about a decade ago and have never been back since.