Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Wash Light??

Default Which Wash Light??

Looking to buy an 'all in one' wash light system...

Advise and views regarding which lighting rig to get for 'average' sized rooms/events.

Gigbar?
    Kam Powerbar?
    or...Equinox Gigabar

Read a few reviews on her but would like some additional comments.

Thanks again guys for all your great advise...

There was a time when I'd have suggested only Thomann's bar, but lots of things have changed. ( Exchange rates for one ) It's a while since I compared offerings, but as long as it's got Tri/Quad LEDS ( or those COB efforts ) then I don't think you'll go far wrong. I've no idea of prices, but the Equinox ones are well designed.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Personally I own a pair of the Kam Power PartyBars - and they're brilliant (rarely used as a pair unless I'm in a big hall).

They're blindingly bright (to the extent that I end up dimming them via DMX for smaller rooms), and even if not using DMX the built in programs are really quite good. Definitely one of the better purchases I made last year

I also own a pair of the original Gigbars. They're a Marmite fixture with some people loving them, others hating them.
    There are times when they're very, very good on their own (gigs like pubs etc where there isn't a lot of space and you don't need to create masses of wash). They are underpowered though (hence, mine normally go out as a pair).

I am warming towards the Kam Power Party bar or the Gigabar at the moment and prices are not too bad

I've yet to come across a venue where one Equinox Gigabar hasn't been enough to wash the whole place out with bright vivid colours. Ok, ok I've not played the O2 yet...

I've been using the original KAM Powerbar for about 4 or so years now. Does just what's needed.

Don't dmx it but find the foot controller perfectly adequate for mine & my client's needs.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Default which wash light

I use a Chauvet wash fx, the older cuboid shape, amazing amount of light from such a small fixture. Apparently the newer wash fx par is supposed to be very bright too.
    always remember, you're unique, just like everyone else......

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    I've been using the original KAM Powerbar for about 4 or so years now. Does just what's needed.

Don't dmx it but find the foot controller perfectly adequate for mine & my client's needs.
    +1. Same for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    +1. Same for me.
    I use the Equinox Megabar, much the same unit and it is great, does the job and has enough control just using the foot controller. Bigger venue/marquee, just use 2 linked together.

Really impressive and all that is needed
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by mike8863 View Post
    I use a Chauvet wash fx, the older cuboid shape, amazing amount of light from such a small fixture. Apparently the newer wash fx par is supposed to be very bright too.
    That's what I use too. Spent ages programming a DMX controller just for this unit but it was well worthwhile.