Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Hello!

Default Hello!

Hi all! Thanks for having me here! I am a children's entertainer mainly but have been building up my dj kit and seem to be doing more and more school discos lately! I look forward to browsing the forum! KJ

I used to do a lot of kids parties but gave them up last year (got bored of them and fed up of parents expecting a kids party until 8pm on a Saturday night). Still have the contracts for several local schools and do the occasional one for people I know though

And it's nice to have another lady in the forum as well

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post

I used to do a lot of kids parties but gave them up last year (got bored of them and fed up of parents expecting a kids party until 8pm on a Saturday night). Still have the contracts for several local schools and do the occasional one for people I know though

And it's nice to have another lady in the forum as well
    To be honest the school discos just have given me massive respect for teachers! I raise my voice through the mic and they just stand there and command silence! Oh well - different skills :-) I try to keep coming up with new ideas to keep me getting bored but I know what you mean!

Quote Originally Posted by kj100 View Post
    I raise my voice through the mic and they just stand there and command silence! Oh well - different skills :-)
    Nah - there's a trick to that. Trust me....I'm a Scout leader as well

I got to the stage where the routine I had worked, and worked very well (too well because I was becoming too popular). I was one of the only local DJs that did proper interactive kids entertainment and didn't just stand there and play music.

There's only so many times you can get them singing their hearts out to Idina Menzel whilst blasting the room with snow though before you start to lose your sanity

I'm mainly weddings and retro gigs now. Later home time and longer hours, but the money's more like where I want to be so not complaining

Hello Kerry. Good to have you here.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk