Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Ignorant or shy?

Default Ignorant or shy?

I was interested in a Bluetooth speaker from a chap so he gave me his no. online for me to go and collect. I called and left a message but he didn't call back. I called him again later and he said "Oh I didn't want to call you back because someone made me an offer and it's sold." I was also selling some cd's last week and the chap texted to say he would come on Monday-no show. I text him again, he apologises and says can I make it Wednesday-again no show!

Aside from the odd client who says they'll pay their deposit and you never hear from them again I just wonder if anything like this has happened to you?

Quote Originally Posted by scoopd View Post
    I was interested in a Bluetooth speaker from a chap so he gave me his no. online for me to go and collect. I called and left a message but he didn't call back. I called him again later and he said "Oh I didn't want to call you back because someone made me an offer and it's sold." I was also selling some cd's last week and the chap texted to say he would come on Monday-no show. I text him again, he apologises and says can I make it Wednesday-again no show!

Aside from the odd client who says they'll pay their deposit and you never hear from them again I just wonder if anything like this has happened to you?
    It’s par for the course when you’re buying and selling stuff via gumtree etc. I don’t bother chasing people if they don’t reply and they get once chance for collecting unless they have a good reason to cancel and keep me updated.

I buy and sell fairly regularly so I'm never really surprised when people don't respond or don't turn up.

I very recently was interested in buy some second hand bits. I sent the guy an email, no response. Tried calling no response, then he pops up on Facebook offering the parts so I respond... Still no response haha, some people!

Majority of people are good though to be fair. The plonkers that bid on stuff via eBay then try and get discount when they collect are the real jokers! I don't mind a bit of haggling but that just takes the biscuit!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Yep Facebook too. One chance and thats that.

i have someone that said they would get back to me yesterday about an amp, but they have not. I was a bit preoccupied with my second child being born, but I gave them one chance and they have not responded, so I am about to list it on Ebay and point blank refuse any offers. Deal with serious people. You get it even when selling something like a house, just part of being a trader I guess? Its not so common to find people messing you about with something like a wedding as they have an emotional connection to it.

The flip side to this story is if you provide an impeccable service when selling anywhere, then people are uber complimentary! I had someone give me £20 more the other day as I delivered something just up the road. I did not ask for it but it obviously helped them out. I sold a Vestax crossfader earlier. It was lying about and I got it for free (clearing the house to move). Nether the less I packaged it up and dispatched it an hour later. He will receive it tomorrow and hopefully be impressed?
    Last edited by yourdj; 27-01-2017 at 06:32 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Nether the less I packaged it up and dispatched it an hour later. He will receive it tomorrow and hopefully be impressed?
    About 10 years ago I was selling waterproof jackets on ebay, they lived a couple of miles away so I got on my bike and delivered it within an hour. Mainly because I thought they'd be super impressed at the speed haha... They were!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD