Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 21st music

Default 21st music

Doing my 1st 21st in a while this weekend. Obviously there's the usual fayre but just wondering if there are 1 or 2 tunes that are going down well with you guys at the moment?

Thanks (In advance!)

Not done a 21st in forever - if I'm ever asked I tell them - if you want straight up top 40 bangers and mainstream dance then I can do that, anything else and I'm not your DJ. I've absolutely no inclination to spend a Saturday night being harassed by drunk youngsters about why I'm not playing the latest deep space house grooves or whatever

That being said I'd imagine Biebers new stuff is still getting a lot of mileage with that crowd and let's call a spade a spade - you're going to play Bits n Pieces at some point

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    Not done a 21st in forever - if I'm ever asked I tell them - if you want straight up top 40 bangers and mainstream dance then I can do that, anything else and I'm not your DJ. I've absolutely no inclination to spend a Saturday night being harassed by drunk youngsters about why I'm not playing the latest deep space house grooves or whatever

That being said I'd imagine Biebers new stuff is still getting a lot of mileage with that crowd and let's call a spade a spade - you're going to play Bits n Pieces at some point
    No question!

For once I am probably not in a position to give any advice (its a new years resolution).

Did you have a list from the client? They could all be goths or D&B fans otherwise. I find NOW albums and Youtube chart updates very handy, but dont do many teen events these days. A lot of 21st's I have done like a mix of older tracks and new. Depends on what the client and their friends are like.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Did you have a list from the client? They could all be goths or D&B fans otherwise. I find NOW albums and Youtube chart updates very handy, but dont do many teen events these days. A lot of 21st's I have done like a mix of older tracks and new. Depends on what the client and their friends are like.
    No but they are giving me requests on the night.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopd View Post
    No but they are giving me requests on the night.
    I would give them an email personally so you know the music and are more prepared, but I assume you have a good idea of what they will want and have an internet supply?

The last 21st I did at the beginning of January was nearly all old style stuff from 70's and 80's. They wanted hardly any new stuff at all. Really good party too. They were all up for it!

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    The last 21st I did at the beginning of January was nearly all old style stuff from 70's and 80's. They wanted hardly any new stuff at all. Really good party too. They were all up for it!
    Good to know!!!

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    Got to admit - the last couple of 18th's and 21st's I've done have been the same. Don't forget this is also the generation that grew up with the likes of the Cha Cha Slide and S-Club 7

I know a lot of teens-21st love 00's R&B like Usher!! 21 year olds are more independently thinking and not clones to the system. So one person may love Abba, the next Major Lazor, the next the Beastie Boys and the next Slipnot!! Having some S-club is always handy, works well with anyone Reach!!