Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha DXR 12 vs RCF ART 312A mk3

After looking at Toby's piccies, it's obvious that the RCF are designed only as PA speakers, and not for want of a better word "all-in-one" speakers.

Plugging a mic and an mp3 player into one or two Yamahas is a doddle. Not so with RCF. If you only ever rock up, put a disco together and bash out the latest bangin' choons, no problem.

If you had the need to plug in a mic for announcing the running order of the ceremony, and simultaneously an mp3 player full of 100 greatest classical pieces scored for lute and kazoo, as background in the wedding breakfast, then no contest, it's Yamaha.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Thanks all for your replies. My Yamahas are definitely more versatile than the RCF's.
    I suppose I was treating the swap as an upgrade to "newer" speakers however I think I may have had the blinkers on!

Have to agree!!!

I love my Yamaha's
    I have a set of 12s and 15s and would not swap them for anything!!

Quote Originally Posted by djdj View Post
    Have to agree!!!

I love my Yamaha's
    I have a set of 12s and 15s and would not swap them for anything!!
    I've got the DXR8's, DXS12's and the DXR15's - wouldn't part with them for anything (although I've yet to hear these CS1000 things everyone seems to be rushing out to purchase).

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    I've got the DXR8's, DXS12's and the DXR15's - wouldn't part with them for anything (although I've yet to hear these CS1000 things everyone seems to be rushing out to purchase).
    My 12's are the Wooden DSR variant and despite they are not as input friendly as the Plastic cabs, when put together with the Yamaha Sub that I have they sound awesome.
    Not keen on the new Drainpipe system although I did like the sound on the Vertus.

a swap for RCF HD12 would be more apt

I have never used Yamaha but respect the brand and warranty. Would be interested to hear them.

Still wouldn't swap my RCF HD12a's though.

Quote Originally Posted by DJColsie View Post
    I have never used Yamaha but respect the brand and warranty. Would be interested to hear them.
    If you want I can do a side by side test at an HDA meeting one time. I have the DBR12, but its not a lot different to the DXR12, just not as nice plastic and as far as i can see, a couple of buttons on the back? For the price it is a very good speaker. I like my RCF's, but if I was to go active it would certainly be the DXR.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

To be honest, overall, I think a swap would be just a 'like for like'
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by djdj View Post
    My 12's are the Wooden DSR variant and despite they are not as input friendly as the Plastic cabs, when put together with the Yamaha Sub that I have they sound awesome.
    Not keen on the new Drainpipe system although I did like the sound on the Vertus.
    The Vertus are brilliant ,as long as you dont want to do dance party's but great for weddings and general events very clear precise sound.