Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Dancefloors! !!

Default Dancefloors! !!

Has anyone added dancefloors to their services and was wondering if this was worthwhile investment?

I've started dance floors as of last year. For me it's worth doing, the competition isn't high and nobody is offering to lay a -12x12ft starlit dance floor in my area for less than £400 (that I'm aware of).

The return on investment isn't as high as other services though. A new 12x12ft starlit floor from Portable Floor Maker is around £6-7k. So you need to hire it out around 20 times to make your money back if you do it that way.

I was lucky in that I found a company near London who wanted to sell a used 22x22ft for £10k, I've bought another £1k worth of parts for it to split into 2 floors. I've also bought a wood effect outdoor or indoor 15x15ft dance floor now.

They're very time consuming though, I hired a 18x16ft floor last month and it took me around 11 hours excluding travel by myself to load in using rock n roller cart about 100m from the van (proper trolley would never have gotten in this venue) and out with cleaning which takes a fair bit if time. A lot of your time and money will go onto maintenance and labour. Often you need an extra pair of hands or you'll never get it laid in time!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I've started dance floors as of last year. For me it's worth doing, the competition isn't high and nobody is offering to lay a -12x12ft starlit dance floor in my area for less than £400 (that I'm aware of).

The return on investment isn't as high as other services though. A new 12x12ft starlit floor from Portable Floor Maker is around £6-7k. So you need to hire it out around 20 times to make your money back if you do it that way.

I was lucky in that I found a company near London who wanted to sell a used 22x22ft for £10k, I've bought another £1k worth of parts for it to split into 2 floors. I've also bought a wood effect outdoor or indoor 15x15ft dance floor now.

They're very time consuming though, I hired a 18x16ft floor last month and it took me around 11 hours excluding travel by myself to load in using rock n roller cart about 100m from the van (proper trolley would never have gotten in this venue) and out with cleaning which takes a fair bit if time. A lot of your time and money will go onto maintenance and labour. Often you need an extra pair of hands or you'll never get it laid in time!
    Thank you for taking time to reply I might look into a second hand one for now then, I have an extra pair of hands aswell .
    It would just be a good extra service for weddings.