Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coalville 2017, an Old Git's thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    I love my Evox 8 too - for the same reasons as you.

But my next purchase will be a full "big" system that can handle a 500 people large crowd. The Evox 8 is suitable for weddings, but doesn't handle big corporate gigs.

Evox 8 does me fine for the majority of work, but I can't see any benefit in replacing them with something like the CS1000 - I'm better off getting a much bigger system so I can handle different types of events.
    Agree with your thinking - for a few larger rooms I have used the evox and had a couple of subs under my booth which has resulted in great sound, but the same classy looks.

I think replacing the Evox with likes of the CS1000 will be virtually like for like so no real benefit.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by djdj View Post
    Needs more awareness that it is on
    There was nothing on this or the other main forum site about it until Friday!
    Sorry I missed it.
    Not strictly true.October 2016 Posts #34, 36, 37 and 38.

OK, I know that's splitting hairs, but nowadays isn't everything done by Faceache and the like?

Interesting to hear that the Evox 8 won out on the "stick" class.
    In the opinion of many there, it's still the class of the field, and the 12 offers that bit more capacity.

It's a shame there isn't a Coalville down in the south?
    Coalville is in the South. A hundred and ninety miles South of one pair of intrepid travellers, and minety South of me.

I love my Evox 8 too - for the same reasons as you.

But my next purchase will be a full "big" system that can handle a 500 people large crowd. The Evox 8 is suitable for weddings, but doesn't handle big corporate gigs.
    They are becoming more common, seemingly. We've had quite a few monstrous great ones there over the last few years.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk