Hugely disappointed. Why? Because of the effort put in by folk like James H, only to see probably the smallest numbers of listeners ever.

A chance to hear over twenty different rigs of every size from two Maui 5s to rigs over 5K!! Free entry, pub adjoining, rooms available if you want to stay over, and a chance to meet folk from hundreds of miles away that you may only see at BPM, other than here.

You don't have to be in the market for new cabs to go there, it's well worth it for the social aspect alone. It's always educational, equipment wise. Anyway, enough of this rant, what did they sound like?

Seven " stick " rigs at the front, Maui5, C Ray, CS1000, RCF Evox 8, an offering from Db I think, a Curv and others. My Mauis were up first , and in my ( humble and biased ) opinion, they were outgunned by the others, but not outclassed. When they were fired up, I thought it was a larger rig, we got quite a bit out of them. After some exhaustive A-B testing, I'd put the Evox 8s as the ones to beat, but in all honesty, the gap quality wise from top to bottom is minimal, very minimal.

Subs and tops? Nothing really impressed, whatever the badge on the front, apart from Barry's B52 rig, which just did exactly what it says on the tin, effortlessly. All a little bass heavy, and woolly/muddy in the top, with a big hole in the middle. Shame Wayne couldn't get his Yamahas here, or Allan his much vaunted/maligned Denons.

Single boxes? Db Opera, by a mile. Very impressive, even eclipsing Yamahas for me, and that's unusual.

Big ones? Well one of the rigs with a single sub sounded acceptable enough at first, but when we took the sub off, I walked out!! Not nice.
A whacking great RCF rig with 18" subs and 10" tops worked absolutely fine, but was shaded by a six box Db rig.
James H had a " tasteful " Mitus rig at the back, which I think was using about 7K of power!!!! Good job he left the other half in the van, I feel.

All in all, a lot of folk put a lot of work in, two lads from North of me had a 350 mile round trip!! James and other folk do a lot of work to bring this together, and it's a crying shame to see it not appreciated.

That's my views, what are yours?