Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Bose F1

Default Bose F1

I work with live acts for the majority of my DJ'ing or in a club with a in house NEXO rig and over the last 20 years I've heard most makes of speakers across a wide range of cost, from Turbo Sound to Yamaha, I've heard a lot and nothing can touch the in-house NEXO rig at the club.

However I was out and about working this weekend an act turned up with a pair of Bose F1's and I was blown away by the quality. They were by far the best speaker for under £1,000 I've ever heard. I run Mackies and db bass bins, which up until this weekend held their own against most other speakers, but the difference was at a different level. The act didn't use any bass bins and they filled a 200 seat diner dance venue with the biggest dancefloor I've seen in a hotel for a long time.

If you have the budget, add these to you list of must hear before you buy

https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/product...12_black_gb_ie

I’ve seen the F1 + subs used for live bands at a blues festival, had a chat with the soundman and everything (inc bass and drums) were going through the system and it was effortlessly handling a large hall.

I've heard the F1 several times & every single time I had to reach for my earplugs. Yes they're loud but they sound absolutely atrocious. They have a fierceness about their midrange I've never heard in any other speaker. That's a no from me

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    I've heard the F1 several times & every single time I had to reach for my earplugs. Yes they're loud but they sound absolutely atrocious. They have a fierceness about their midrange I've never heard in any other speaker. That's a no from me
    I found the same with the L1 too, yes you can really get some output, but find the sound very harsh. Bose enthusiasts will say you need to set them up correctly, but again this puts me off, I prefer a set of speakers I can basically plug and play.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I prefer a set of speakers I can basically plug and play.

Not heard this system though, so dont doubt it may be good.

Especially for private parties in a function room playing MP3's.
    different if your mik-ing up and amplifying an orchestra or something

i have just bought two of these - looking forward to them arriving in a min.

Name:  8486368.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  19.3 KB

also bought 2 of these for £74!! i have seen them advertised for over £1000 each!!! if they are like my T12's then they should sound really good! Not sure what use they will be, but will be asesome for a home system.

Name:  1386304907.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  29.1 KB
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

They may not be suitable for a plug and play DJ speaker, although with set up should be, but for a band that is mixed correctly before the sound gets to them, I haven't heard better.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMD View Post
    They may not be suitable for a plug and play DJ speaker, although with set up should be, but for a band that is mixed correctly before the sound gets to them, I haven't heard better.
    They don’t need any special setting up for DJ'ing, just a quick tweak on the eq if necessary and matching the tops volume with the subs (if you’re using them) - just like any other system.