Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Speaker advice (yet again)

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Disco View Post
    the Evox8s are in a different league far superior.
    So I gather.

Like controllers, there are only certain brands i would go for these days. RCF is high on that list.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

The Evox is very, very good speaker.

If i'm using a black setup at a wedding it is my go to as i prefer its portability and look over the RCF HD12 on Tripods and even though that can be solved by using the subs that becomes a very big system which is overkill in most situations.

The New Maui 28g2 seems like a very good speaker too, used it at the local nite light the other day with a group of Local DJ's and i think all in attendance agreed it sounded very nice. Again Very portable (although not quite as easy as much as the Evox) I've yet to gig it though so will report back when i have.

Oh and in white it is proper white, not Grey or cream.
    North East Wedding DJ - www.stevenmaddison.co.uk - TWIA Regional Finalist 2019 & 2020 - The Wedding Business Awards Wedding DJ of the year (North East Region)

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    The Evox is very, very good speaker.

If i'm using a black setup at a wedding it is my go to as i prefer its portability and look over the RCF HD12 on Tripods and even though that can be solved by using the subs that becomes a very big system which is overkill in most situations.

The New Maui 28g2 seems like a very good speaker too, used it at the local nite light the other day with a group of Local DJ's and i think all in attendance agreed it sounded very nice. Again Very portable (although not quite as easy as much as the Evox) I've yet to gig it though so will report back when i have.

Oh and in white it is proper white, not Grey or cream.
    I can vouch for that. The white gear from FBT especially the CS1000 looks almost laughable with its black foam clearly visible behind the grilles. The Maui 28 is alright, and is definitely ALL WHITE

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    I can vouch for that. The white gear from FBT especially the CS1000 looks almost laughable with its black foam clearly visible behind the grilles. The Maui 28 is alright, and is definitely ALL WHITE
    I agree,the vertus is all white and for weddings is great.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    That looks good, although if i got that I would always wish I had bought the Evox as its a clear copy of that. as you have said (I have not experienced them) but i cant see how such small drivers can create a suitable volume or as you say it Ompph.

Attachment 18283
    I haven't heard the Evox 8 but I don't doubt that it would be considerably better. The compelling argument for buying the ES602s was that I was able to buy a pair brand new with three years warranty for about half as much as it would cost me to pick up a single second-hand Evox 8. Despite the subs only being 10" they are surprisingly punchy and I think they will work really well well paired up with the 10" Operas I've just bought. I can still see myself upgrading them for the Evox 8 some time down the line though.

I had my first opportunity to sound test the Operas today and was pleasantly surprised by them. They are very clear sounding and kick out a decent amount of bass for something so small. I'm happy that I made a good choice with the budget I had and I'm looking forward to giving them a proper run out with the ES602 subs on my next gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Aaaarrrggghhhh!!!!!

Toby....could you not have moved your setup just a couple of feet to the left????!!!!
    My OCD is working on overtime after seeing that shot
    Here you go Carl, hopefully you will recover now.
    I have had to shift over the laptop and its a UDG stand with a swivel type thing, but it looked central in real life.

And yes I have some gravity pole clips ordered. its a pain ad the input it at the top of the speaker, much better at the bottom!!
    No excuses for the power charger though. I need to see if Apple do a black one, although I usually wrap it around the stand.

Name:  IMG_0186.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  38.2 KB

Name:  behind decks 2.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  37.0 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 13-03-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Here you go Carl, hopefully you will recover now.
    Toby, who the is Carl? You've quoted Wayne.,
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Toby, who the is Carl? You've quoted Wayne.,
    Sorry I had a million things to do this afternoon, I even looked at his site to double check and still wrote the wrong name.