Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Terms of endearment.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I cant stand people calling me 'disco man' or similar. I don't like the term disco anyway, its only the UK that refers to a mobile DJ as a mobile disco.
    Funny you should mention that one....this popped up in my feed earlier from my party on Saturday night

Name:  Discoman.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  15.2 KB

I don't really mind being called a disco or anything else for that matter....so long as customers can find me on Gooooooogle and have a good time....happy days

Funny, I had cause to search through all my emails from customers in the last almost 2 years & only once was the word 'disco' mentioned - and that was for music! I hate the word & the connotations of spotlight boxes, screens & naff DJ patter between & during tracks. It's dated like hip cats, boogying on down and er.. whatever.

Anyway - and this is mostly how I came to pick the name of my 'biz'... I noticed lots of people calling me 'mr DJ'. I don't mind it. Not 'mate', not 'son', not "OI!"... simples.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Funny, I had cause to search through all my emails from customers in the last almost 2 years & only once was the word 'disco' mentioned - and that was for music! I hate the word & the connotations of spotlight boxes, screens & naff DJ patter between & during tracks. It's dated like hip cats, boogying on down and er.. whatever.

Anyway - and this is mostly how I came to pick the name of my 'biz'... I noticed lots of people calling me 'mr DJ'. I don't mind it. Not 'mate', not 'son', not "OI!"... simples.
    Nothing wrong with rocking the cottage with the platters that matter
    (or light screens for that matter...they're the once and future lighting effect don't cha know )

I've actually got a LOT of bookings this year (including a wedding believe it or not) where the customer has specifically ASKED for said lighting...and what the customer wants.....

It's never something I've actually thought about or taken any notice of.

I DETEST the folk that think it's ok to grope your arse as a joke - 1. no you're not funny 2. i don't want strangers touching me 3. congratulations - you've sexually assaulted me

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post

I DETEST the folk that think it's ok to grope your arse as a joke - 1. no you're not funny 2. i don't want strangers touching me 3. congratulations - you've sexually assaulted me
    4. Witty riposte barred on grounds of taste.
    5. Witty riposte barred on the grounds that Jim has just made it too easy.
    6. Witty riposte banned on the grounds that at my age I should know better. ( )
    7. Witty riposte barred on the grounds of jealousy. Moaning that it seldom happens to me is poor form. And in bad taste again.

So, basically, I'm left with: Hardly sparkling wit and biting satire, sorry.,
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I was minding my own business early on Saturday night while background music was playing by having a root around the interweb for new music and having a look at the charts, sorry, the Ed Sheeran discography, when I heard "aye aye", "oi", "here mate" and other assorted generalisations. This was followed up by "what's the matter with you, are you deaf", so I wondered what was going on and turned round to see a chap stood behind me wagging his finger at me. I think the words you were looking for were "excuse me" I said. I might as well have said it in Venusian as it drew a complete blank look, followed by "uh"?

Get some Elvis on then, was the retort. And Crocodile Shore (Jimmy Nail). I filed these away and went back to sleep.

Oh, I do happen to be partially deaf, which can develop into total deafness under certain circumstances. It is rare these days to get any sort of respect from guests or party goers and I wonder how many requests (or, more common, demands) would get played if I declined anything that did not include the word "please" in the sentence.

Play it next mate, I'm going home at 10 o'clock. That's strange, because, though I did manage to oblige on Saturday, the lady in question was still there at 11.15.

Extract ( actually it's the body of the email in toto ) from a customer email.

" I'll sort a bacs payment chief "

Chief? Chief?

Big Chief Spitting Feathers, more like.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk