Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Old Hard Drive Power

Default Old Hard Drive Power

I need to check I don't have songs on an old external hard drive I have in a cradle. I thought I had the right power 5 pin male but it turns out it needs a circular 7-pin

Name:  Connection.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  37.2 KB .

Any thoughts on what you call it so that I can try and source on Ebay or somewhere. I've had a good look already and can't find it anywhere. BTW I know when I do purchase one I'll find the original kicking about the house!!!

Cheers

Your best bet might be to take the housing apart to remove the old drive & put it into one of these babies.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Your best bet might be to take the housing apart to remove the old drive & put it into one of these babies.
    And cheaper than I thought. Interesting.....Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scoopd View Post
    And cheaper than I thought. Interesting.....Thanks
    The alternative is the kind of thing where you get a power pack with a HDD power connector on it, and a USB to PATA or SATA converter - but take it from me those can be fraught with problems.

Anyone who has been around computers or MIDI for the past 35 years, like me!, would recognise that as a DIN connecter. I'm just wondering how old your drive cradle is to still have a DIN socket on it!! You could try searching for a 7pin DIN power supply but I've not seen these for years. I'd recommend buying a new drive cradle - I got one for about £25 a few years ago and it is compatible with pretty much all types of HDDs. It's a desktop version and it still gets plenty of use!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!